Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Self-serve says plan not available in my province (Quebec)

I have a phone plan with Koodo mobile Quebec but I'd like to change it to a better plan through the self-serve.  When I select the new plan (the website is set-up to quebec and I'm physically in quebec) they say the plan is not available in my province...
Anybody has a clue why that is?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Max,

What is the plan you are trying to change to?
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

The 49$ no Tab one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

Are the phone number and address on your account both in Quebec as well?
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

My phone number is in Quebec (514) but my billing address is in Ontario.  I work in Montreal and live just across, in Ontario.  I spend most of my waking hours in Quebec and when I'm at home I don't even have reception, so no use of the cell there. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

Unfortunately that would be the issue. The $49 plan is a regional plan for Quebec residents only; Ontario residents are not eligible, in much the same way that an American who commutes across the border would not be eligible for Canadian public healthcare.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

I'd urge Koodo to amend their residency requirements. If someone works in a province where they don't reside, and are willing to take that area code, they should be permitted to get that plan (proof of employment required).
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

Well... I understand about the public healthcare thing; Americans don't pay taxes in Canada which is what pay for the healthcare service.  My cell phone plan is not paid by the taxpayers but by me.  With money that comes from my employment.  Which is in Quebec.

Forcing me to take a plan from Ontario really feels like a cash grab!
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Hello Max,

Yeah your Billing Address must be in Quebec. People used to be able to do this but it got stricter because of abuse. I live in Alberta and there is actually a business now where people can switch you to the $49 6GB Quebec plan for $100 service fee.