Koodo Community

Community

Question

Security Update broke my Galaxy s7

Userlevel 3
Hi all I am just wondering if anyone else experienced this,here goes....
I woke up this morning to a notification that a security update is available,I downloaded and then installed,everything went fine until it got to the part where it was restarting when install was complete,then for 2 hours my phone just constantly showed Samsung screen fading in and out,like it was restarting,but it kept doing that for hours. Now it's just a blue notification light pulsing,and thats it! Thats all my phone has been doing for hours now. It isn't responding to anything I have done. Tried contacting Samsung Canada but they are closed.
Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was wrong and how do I fix it? 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1) Try pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power keys together for 15 seconds and see if your phone will restart and turn on.
2) Try booting in safe mode. (Press and hold power button, When Samsung Galaxy S7 logo appears, release the Power key and immediately hold the volume down key and continue holding until it finishes its rebooting. When “Safe mode” appears on the screen immediately release the Volume Down key.
3) Try wiping the cache partition. (Press and hold the Power button, the Volume Down button, and the Home button all at the same time. Once you see the Android icon, release just the Power button untill you see the System Recover screen. Use the Volume Down key to highlight the option that says ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.).
4) If you don't care about any files on your phone you can simply give the phone a factory reset. (Follow the same steps as above but once in the System Recover screen choose Factory Reset).