Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SD card not working in my moto x play

My 4gb SD card stopped working. It said it was corrupt. I took it out and tried it in my laptop and it works fine. I purchased a 64gb card and it won't recognize it. Now it won't recognize either card. I have read about a number of these phones having issues with the card slot and the phone has to be replaced. My phone was purchased in Nov.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Derrick,

When it says that the card is corrupted, do you let it format it? When you insert the card, is the phone powered on or off?
Userlevel 7
Ah, that is a problem. Well the phone is under warranty, so Koodo will send it out for repairs. Just bring it to your local Koodo shop. Make sure to save/backup any important information/documents first, as the phone will be factory reset when the repair depot receives it.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Derrick,

When it says that the card is corrupted, do you let it format it? When you insert th...

I didn't format it no. I took it out and my computer fixed it no issue and didn't have to format it. Yes turned off when changing it.
Ya I factory reset it last night and nothing. Interesting that they wouldn't just give me a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Derrick Brewer wrote:

Ya I factory reset it last night and nothing. Interesting that they wouldn't just give me a new ...

They will if you're within the first 15 days of purchase. Beyond that, your stuck with a warranty repair. I think they used to be able to replace it with the same model within 30 days as well, (as opposed to replacing it with any model), but I have no idea if that's still an option for them.
Userlevel 6
Derrick Brewer wrote:

Ya I factory reset it last night and nothing. Interesting that they wouldn't just give me a new ...

Just to confirm, it's 15 days to return/exchange/replace the phone. 🙂
Edit: Derrick, is it working now? Have you sent your phone to repair?