Koodo Community

Scheduled Call backs and Digital Assistant is a horrible

• 10 September 2019
  • 15 replies

The Digital Assistant is a useless feature of this phone provider. The option of having to wait for a scheduled call back is ridiculous. I contacted the Digital Assistant at 9 AM and wasn't given an option for a scheduled call back until 1 PM. I don't want to wait 4 to 4.5 hours to have my issues dealt with. I WANT MY ISSUES DEALT WITH NOW AND BY A LIVE AGENT.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The alternative in the past was waiting on hold for 2+ hours and then having the system hang up on you.

I personally much prefer to schedule a call back and not have to wait on hold at all. Go about my life knowing i have a all scheduled at a specific time of my choosing.

However maybe there is something the community can help you with. WHat do you need to speak to Koodo about?
My usage for my air time is outrageous. I finally spoke to a representative yesterday and they can't do anything about it until my bill is posted. They also said that my call back from them wouldn't charge my air time and it has!
I switched my plan yesterday to unlimited Canada wide calling, yet I was still charged for additional air time usage. When I go on my self serve my usage, messaging and etc show expired.
Also, if I reach out to the Digital Assistant in the morning for a call back why does it give me time slots only starting past 1 PM?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My usage for my air time is outrageous. I finally spoke to a representative yesterday and they can't do anything about it until my bill is posted. They also said that my call back from them wouldn't charge my air time and it has!I switched my plan yesterday to unlimited Canada wide calling, yet I was still charged for additional air time usage. When I go on my self serve my usage, messaging and etc show expired.
Ok 3 things here.

1. You say your air time usage was outragous. WHen you check your usage in self serve and look at the details, do the calls look accurate to what you made?
  2. An incoming call from a Koodo rep should not count against your usage. When you get your bill, it should show that this call would not have counted to any additional airtime charges. If it does, Koodo will reverse this. You just have to be patient and you will see on your bill.
  3. If you switched your plan mid cycle, your plan will be pro-rated. Meaning if you had 500 mins and made 1000mins in calls and then switched to an unlimited talk plan at 15 days into your cycle, you will have a pro-rated amount of 250mins for those first 15 days. A warning would have popped up when you were switching plans to warn you about pro-ration.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, if I reach out to the Digital Assistant in the morning for a call back why does it give me time slots only starting past 1 PM?
It gives your call back times based on what is available. THis means other callback slots were already taken by other customers earlier in the day. Or maybe some call center reps called in sick for work today and less slots are available. First come first serve. Just like booking a time slot at the dentist or the apple store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis provided a lot of additional context above that should help, @Lindsay1990 .
Your mins. will be unlimited moving forward, beginning from when you changed your plan. However, since you previously only had 500 mins/month, if you went over the allotted amount, there is still a charge for overages that will appear on your next bill. Your cycle ends at midnight tomorrow (i.e. the 11th of each month is the last day of your bill cycle). Your new bill should be issued in a few days, and that will show a breakdown of all charges, where you can validate your usage. If something still doesn't make sense, let us know here.

With regards to the callback time - the options provided by Koodo Assist are reflective of call volume at that time. Indeed, this morning the first available appointment was a bit further out than usual. However, as pointed out, it's still a better experience than having to wait on hold for that period of time. Often times you'll find an available window within 30 mins - but I know that's not much help when today that wasn't the case.

Hopefully all of this helps. Let us know if you still have questions.
I am still not happy with the service or the outrageous charges. I will be leaving this service provider if the charges are not taken care.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am still not happy with the service or the outrageous charges. I will be leaving this service provider if the charges are not taken care.
You still have to pay the charge if you port to another carrier. I would suggest you contact Koodo directly again and talk with an agent. I would also suggest you keep the conversation friendly and ask the rep nicely. Hopefully they could help you out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Lindsay1990 - I would suggest waiting until your next bill is issued (which should be available in Self Serve by early next week). Once you're able to review the breakdown and all charges, you can let us know if something still doesn't make sense.
My bill is posted on the 12th and I have scheduled a call back for the 14th.
I have never gone over my air time minutes since I have been with Koodo in 2010. I have also made my payments on time and have paid slightly more on my bill each month, so hopefully they will clear the nearly $300 in air time overages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My bill is posted on the 12th and I have scheduled a call back for the 14th.

Your bill cycle resets on the 12th, but your next bill likely won't be published until a few days after. It may be available by the 14th, but I was suggesting early next week to be safe.
In regards to the self serve assistant- I too have had my problems and concerns with it. I feel it is extremely frustrating to belong to a phone company where I can't make a phone call to an actual live human being who can assist me. I feel we should be at least given the option to wait on the line for a representative, not just given an option for a time back call. For people on the go or people with young children it is hard to predict when we will be available to take the call, but when we are calling in a free minute or so between feeds or school pick ups we should be able to reach a person who can help us and resolve our problems. I feel the whole experience is very depersonalized and unpleasant. It is amazing what technology can do these days, but I think human connection and interaction cannot be replaced. I feel strongly that Koodo should make an effort to care more about their customers and make them feel like their voice is heard.
I totally agree