Koodo Community
Solved

Saved emojis

• 26 January 2019
  • 9 replies

I have a LG q Stylo and I would like to know if you can delete saved emojis you have already used.
Thank you in advance.
Mark
icon

Best answer by rikkster 27 January 2019, 10:54

I have the same phone. Here's how to clear recently used emojis/emoticons. Not the most intuitive method, but it remedies the issue.

Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications - tap App Info. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then tap 'Show system'. Scroll down to and tap 'LG Keyboard'. Select 'Storage'.

Clearing the cache will have no effect in removing recently used emojis. Tapping the 'Clear data' button and then OK, will. This action will not remove text messages. However, if you've made customizations to the Messages app, the app will return to its default state. For example, if you've enabled dark mode, the Messages app will revert to light mode. Easy fix. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand of screen in the Messages app to enable dark mode.

Also, the Messages app will revert to using Google's keyboard (Gboard). Swipe down from the notification area while in the Messages app, and you should see the option to change back to English - LG Keyboard.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is this part of your keyboard?
Do you mean when I use my keyboard for texting then yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What keyboard do you use? I know that with SwiftKey you can't.
Robert T.....I use the keyboard on my phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert T.....I use the keyboard on my phone
I believe Robert is asking if you have installed and use a keyboard different from the default keyboard installed on your phone. It sounds like you are using the default keyboard.

To my knowledge (limited) most keyboards move your popular emoji to the left of the display, so they are present for your re-use. I'm not aware of a means to stop the function.
David AKU

If this is true then it sucks Big Time. With technology what it is today I'm surprise there is not a way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David AKU

If this is true then it sucks Big Time. With technology what it is today I'm surprise there is not a way.

Then you should contact the manufacturer. This is not a Koodo issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go into your phone's settings. Choose Language & Input (LG may call it slightly differently). If there's a gear icon next to your chosen keyboard, tap it to get into the keyboard settings. Otherwise just tap on the keyboard name.

Then, somewhere in those settings you will find an option to clear predictions. You'll likely need to reset all predictions (I doubt you can just clear emojis).
Badge +4
I have the same phone. Here's how to clear recently used emojis/emoticons. Not the most intuitive method, but it remedies the issue.

Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications - tap App Info. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then tap 'Show system'. Scroll down to and tap 'LG Keyboard'. Select 'Storage'.

Clearing the cache will have no effect in removing recently used emojis. Tapping the 'Clear data' button and then OK, will. This action will not remove text messages. However, if you've made customizations to the Messages app, the app will return to its default state. For example, if you've enabled dark mode, the Messages app will revert to light mode. Easy fix. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand of screen in the Messages app to enable dark mode.

Also, the Messages app will revert to using Google's keyboard (Gboard). Swipe down from the notification area while in the Messages app, and you should see the option to change back to English - LG Keyboard.