Koodo Community

Community

Solved

saumsung galaxy s4 overheating and battery probs

i have the samsung galaxy s4... and it gets very hot after using it for about ten min.. sometimes after five... another thing... my battery sucks.. is there anything that can be done? i had it today at 95% full... after using it for approx a half hour it went down to 20%.... seems a little fast to go down that far for a half hours time of use

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you buy this phone?
Badge +4
Often when the battery starts to show signs that it is no longer able to hold a charge or the battery charge rapidly depletes shortly after charging, it's time to replace the battery. As a precaution, stop charging the battery. An overheated battery could cause fire or explosion which could result in personal injury. If purchased at a Koodo kiosk and the phones' battery is the original that came with your phone and under one year old, the battery is replaceable under warranty.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled samsung galxaxy s4 over heating and no battery life. i have the samsung galaxy s4... and it gets very hot after using it for about ten min.. sometimes after five...
another thing... my battery sucks.. is there anything that can be done? i had it today at 95% full... after using it for approx a half hour it went down to 20%.... seems a little fast to go down that far for a half hours time of use
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was a recall for the S4 battery in October of 2013 so if you bought the phone before then definitely check to see if the battery is swollen (puffed out) and definitely don't charge it anymore like Rikkster suggested if it is. Take his suggestions seriously.
i only purchased the phone dec 2 2014
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Send it in for warranty.
ya that is what i was thinking... do i just bring it to a koodo booth?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Yup
LeannaGoebel wrote:

alright.. thanks!