Koodo Community
Solved

Samsung Sii X - Need to Reset Password Every Time I Try to Accecc my Voicemail...

Hi/Bonjour, On my Samsung Sii X, I have never been able to use my voicemail as it should be. Every time I try to access my voicemail, there is no way it would take my password. The system always say that it is not the right password. I have to reset it, then I can listen my messages. Any idea what to do with that? Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Log into your self serve > Plans and Add-ons > Reset Voicemail password > Click on :Reset Password It will be your Koodo phone number 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

Log into your self serve > Plans and Add-ons > Reset Voicemail password > Click on :Reset Passwor...

Thanks Mayumi, but I already did. The actual problem is that I have to reset it EVERY time I have a message...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Log into your self serve > Plans and Add-ons > Reset Voicemail password > Click on :Reset Passwor...

Every time you reset, the password is your phone number. But that password is only temporary. You have to change it to something else. Access your voicemail > personal options > Administrative options > change your password
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, this is what I do every time. But then, it's still the same problem that is coming back on the next time I try to access it. So, I follow the procedure , but it is the Groundhog's Day over and over...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Oh, I was hoping this would work... dial *611 from your phone and option 6 for technical support. I hope they will help you out 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

Thank you anyway!
Userlevel 2
It sounds like the automated system isn't recognizing the tones when you enter your password. What phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

It sounds like the automated system isn't recognizing the tones when you enter your password. Wha...

OP has a Samsung S2 X
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

It sounds like the automated system isn't recognizing the tones when you enter your password. Wha...

God I fail. I'm going to check and see if there's an option to change the DTMF tones. I know on certain phones, the option is available to make them long or short and this actually affects IVR systems that use the keypad to select options, based on the specific tone of the number.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

It looks like there's no option to change the DTMF tone in the way that I know on the phone. Do you have issues using other IVR systems when calling another company and navigating their system?
Myke wrote:

I don't call that often but, so far, no issues with other automated systems.