Koodo Community

Community

Solved

samsung s6 marshmallow update

When samsung s6 will be getting the marshmallow update?

37 replies

Userlevel 3
http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/04/07/telus-galaxy-s6-s7-and-s7-edge-scheduled-to-receive-marshmallow-wi...
Userlevel 3
April 18th
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is showing April 20th for the regular S6, how accurate these are is unknown as I'm still waiting for an update to my Nexus 6P that should have hit on the 6th

Is the reason I haven't got the update for my Samsung S6 edge + because my phone is unlocked ? It looks like that was released a few weeks ago, and still have not been able to get it on my phone here in NS.
Userlevel 6
Hey Abdel! You can kept track of our software updates by bookmarking the following link : https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates . All dates are approximate and subject to change in the event that the released has been pushed back. We update the information once we get it.  Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Got an update for my GS7 (bug fixes and security update) about an hour ago!
And just a few mins ago I received an update for my GS6 Marshmallow + Security Update. 🙂

The update is a big one, 1190.15MB
So looking forward to see how much better this makes my GS6!!
I'm on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on Koodo and as of 21APR16, no update yet 😞
Same here, unlocked Samsung S6 edge plus, and as of the 23rd of April, nothing for me here either....

Funny thing  is though that my gf got her update on her Samsung S6 last week, maybe the edge update comes out later ?
Badge +4
From what I've read in the past, updates/upgrades are released in batches so as not to inundate or overwhelm servers. Nowadays, carriers are also tasked with delivering monthly security patches to some devices which could explain why upgrades take a little longer. The dates mentioned are target dates and are tentative at best. You'll get the update/upgrade, though it may take a little while longer.
rikkster wrote:

From what I've read in the past, updates/upgrades are released in batches so as not to inundate o...

Has everyone got the update yet? My unlocked S6 has shown nothing as yet.
rikkster wrote:

From what I've read in the past, updates/upgrades are released in batches so as not to inundate o...

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge unlocked with Koodo and as of 27APR16 still no update
rikkster wrote:

Nothing for my S6 edge plus yet here in Nova Scotia. Unlocked also.
rikkster wrote:

Anyone get the update yet for their S6 edge plus yet here on Koodo in NS : ? still nothing here for me on my unlocked Koodo phone.
rikkster wrote:

Still nothing here in BC for my unlocked S6
rikkster wrote:

Has anyone with an unlocked S6 got the update yet?
rikkster wrote:

still nothing, why is it taking so long... it's already may...

Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

one of my friends got the S6 update on his Virgin S6 Edge, so hopefully it comes to Koodo soon
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

one of my friends got the S6 update on his Virgin S6 Edge, so hopefully it comes to Koodo soon
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

sorry for the double post
Ok the update is happenig

Badge +4
abdel.bolanos wrote:

Ok the update is happenig[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/RackMulti...

I would recommend a factory reset, (wipe data/factory reset) and wipe the cache partition after the installation completes or when it's convenient for you to do so. Backup what you want to keep, (photos, music, documents, etc) to your computer. The factory reset wipes the phone and wiping the cache clears out residual file fragments that may have been left behind from the previous OS. Works for both Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Hardware method: 1. Power off the phone completely. 2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously to get into Recovery mode. When the “Samsung” logo appears, release only the Power button. At the “Android” logo, release the Volume up/down and Home button. (It may take up to a minute to get to this mode). 3. Use Volume keys to scroll up or down and Power button to select an option in Recovery mode. 4. From the main menu, using the Power key, select wipe data/factory reset. 5. It's a good idea to wipe the cache partition. It's in the same menu as wipe data/factory reset. Clearing the cache often fixes various software related issues. 6. When done, go back to main recovery menu, select reboot system - done. Software method: Alternatively, you can use the software method by going into Settings > Backup & reset - factory data reset. This method performs the same task as above, but won't wipe the cache partition.
abdel.bolanos wrote:

Ok the update is happenig[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/RackMulti...

I had my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone unlocked from Rogers to work on Koodo. Do you know whether or not the unlock would remain after a factory reset? (The unlock was done not by jailbreaking but by entering a code to permanently unlock it)
Badge +4
abdel.bolanos wrote:

According to Rogers, it's a permanent unlock. A factory reset should have no effect.
abdel.bolanos wrote:

I did a factory reset of my phone last night as outlined and also cleared the cache partition. The unlock still remained but I am still not able to get the update to Marshmallow.