Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung S6 Edge - Screen Burn-In

Hi,

I noticed that my screen has a burn-in. The notification bar is much brighter and I have now rectangles that I can see with a white or gray screen. I use my phone quite heavly per day (around 6 hrs screen on). 

Is it covered on manufacturer warranty? How long is the repair? 

I got so many phones and I never had a burn in. (previously had the Note 4)

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Amoled screens can have this issue. I've never tried it but I found this app that may help. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinyroar.amoledburninfix
Chad Burr wrote:

Amoled screens can have this issue. I've never tried it but I found this app that may help. ...

You are burning the unaffected part (status bar) to make it even. Doesn't really fix the issue, just evens the defect out...
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Amoled screens can have this issue. I've never tried it but I found this app that may help. ...

Yup, there isn't a fix. It's a thing that can happen to Amoled panels.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Wouldn't it be covered by the warranty?
Chad Burr wrote:

Thats what I'm asking Robert! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

A quick google showed that everyone else had no problem getting a replacement through their respective warranties.
It's not physical damage or water damage. 
Just bring it in I would say,