Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung S4 won't dial out and hands free dialing

My phone will not dial out, i can send texts, phone works fine after restart, this happens after being on truck hands free, turned off blue tooth still no fix

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have, Tim?
samsung galaxy s4, phone just started doing this yesterday.
Badge +4
Could it be related to this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qzluzs_Ks
Samsung galaxy s4
Badge +4
Tim Hackney wrote:

Samsung galaxy s4

Yup, I know what phone it is, just wondering if that solution worked above. If not, I'll continue to look for a solution.
Tim Hackney wrote:

Samsung galaxy s4

Last post was accident, lol. Watched video, my settings are same, was wondering if it could be related to location, maybe when it swiches between towers?
Badge +4
Tim Hackney wrote:

Samsung galaxy s4

Are we talking tractor trailer or pickup truck?
Tim Hackney wrote:

Samsung galaxy s4

Pick up, have been working in area for months, just started happening with new truck
Badge +4
Tim Hackney wrote:

Samsung galaxy s4

If you're using S-Voice to make hands-free calls over Bluetooth, it requires a constant data connection to work, so if you drive into a dead spot where there's little or no signal, you'll lose S-Voice and the ability to call out.
Userlevel 1
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
Did not have any issues a week ago, new truck now could it be onstar? Have to restart phone 2 aday because of this
Badge +4
Tim Hackney wrote:

Did not have any issues a week ago, new truck now could it be onstar? Have to restart phone 2 ada...

So the S4 is paired with Onstar? I would probably need the year, make and model of the truck to look up troubleshooting information.