Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung S4 dropped on floor.

I have samsung S4 and it dropped on floor from my pocket, the screen started acting funny and now there is ink like spread over my screen which is getting worst. All the features are working fine. No external damage. I just bought the phone in June 2013. Can I fix this phone?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since this is due to physical damage it wouldnt be covered under warranty. You can bring it into Koodo to get an estimate of the out of warranty repair costs plus $25 admin fee http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
Dennis wrote:

Since this is due to physical damage it wouldnt be covered under warranty. You can bring it into...

can I take to some other vendor who can repair it for low price? Also do I have to save the data before bringing my phone in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Since this is due to physical damage it wouldnt be covered under warranty. You can bring it into...

I would always back up your phone before any repairs or updates. Yes you can repair it at a 3rd party vendor. However this will void your warranty... not sure if this is a concern since warranty wouldnt cover this anyways
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you bring it to a low cost jim who fixes phones you will lose your warranty so its not really worth it with such an expensive phone, plus they wont usually repair it with OEM parts and youll get glass that will for sure break the first drop and or bump if it and when ut does its very dangerous as its not saftey glass that just shatters but stays together, shards of glass will go everywhere if it is one if these cheap panes if glass. Id strongly suggest getting it done by the manufacturer through koodo.
Dennis wrote:

Thx Paul for showing me the other side of third party repair. But I am wondering if its just the screen thats gone as there is ink like spread and is getting worst. I wonder if this phone can even be fixed. Is there something called "INK LEAKAGE", and if yes than is is repairable or do I have to replace it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If the actual display is damaaged then youll have to replace that for sure. Are there any cracks in the glass and thats what damaged the display or was it just the impact by the looks of it that damaged the display?