Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung S3 cannot receive calls or texts. Texts come in late only when sending one.

Samsung 3s not receiving calls or texts. if I send a text i get a bunch in that were supposably received hours ago. Is teh system down. Is there something wrong with the phone. Worked fine over the weekend.

23 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Tim! You can try to remove/reinsert the SIM card and the battery. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to give our techs a call at 1-866-995-6636 from a landline (#6). Thank you.
Same with me. TeXts are delayed. Calls won't go through or receiving
I only get texts after i send one. Then they all come in at once. Been happening past two days.
I called today with the same problem - started happening yesterday. The tech suggested the same thing as Pierre (taking the sim and battery out) Unfortunately, it didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 3
I think this is a reception problem with the phone but not the network. It has something to do with your phone's antennas. The Galaxy s3 is an outdated phone to today's standards:( (3 years ago) However, just in case, go to the play store and try downloading other texting apps such as whatsapp app or google messenger app and try texting others on that app. If it still doesn't work, I think it is time to think about an upgrade if your budget can manage it:)
Beastly wrote:

I think this is a reception problem with the phone but not the network. It has something to do wi...

That's false. I worked for AT&T and Cingular as an agent and a manager. The phones have nothing to do with this situation. It's specific numbers we can't call or text. We're paying for a service that's not working. Plain and simple. Customers should not have to download apps. Take out SIM card repeatedly. Power cycle device etc. It's a network issue. Needs to be fixed.
Well that makes sense about the phone being outdated, but it's hard to believe that all of our s3's just stopped receiving calls on the same day unless something changed with the network or how calls are made. Could you explain a bit more what you mean about the antenna? Bought this phone in the summer so the tab would be pretty high if I bought a new one.
Lisa Robertson wrote:

Well that makes sense about the phone being outdated, but it's hard to believe that all of our s3...

hat's false. I worked for AT&T and Cingular as an agent and a manager. The phones have nothing to do with this situation. It's specific numbers we can't call or text. We're paying for a service that's not working. Plain and simple. Customers should not have to download apps. Take out SIM card repeatedly. Power cycle device etc. It's a network issue. Needs to be fixed.
Just got off the line with somebody in Koodo support, who was able to fix the problem - at least, I think she was. She called my phone and sent a text message, and both came through.
Argh. This happens with specific numbers. I can't call my woman who's number is on my account. Did you try the number you we're previously having issues with? Did the agent at koodo have you try that?
Rod LeBlanc wrote:

Argh. This happens with specific numbers. I can't call my woman who's number is on my account. Di...

Hmm, no she didn't - but I will have to give it a shot.
Rod LeBlanc wrote:

Argh. This happens with specific numbers. I can't call my woman who's number is on my account. Di...

Not a shot against you Lisa. Sorry. Getting frustrated. Agents are not equipped to fix issue. It's a network problem.
UPDATE, after spending a long a time with Koodo here is what the problem is and the potential remedy. LTE service is having issues and if your setting are using LTE your calls may be going directly to voice mail and you wil not be able to receive txt. Quick Fix - Setting/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ then choose WCDMA/GSM or another connetsion. This just means you will not have LTE access and your Data will be slower until they fix the issue. My phone has been working fine since the change. Yes Koodo had be go through the standard remove SIM and restart. However it is an issue with their system and not the phone. Hope this helps.
Resolved here. Thank you Tim
Userlevel 5
Hello, Thank you all for your comments, we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from Koodo Mobile, please create a new discussion. Thank you! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 1
Tayeb A wrote:

Hello, Thank you all for your comments, we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You...

Great news , what about the note 2 issues I have had since June the are a few post on the community marked answered but a few of us still have this problem randomly will not receive calls straight to voicemail, texts will not receive unless I send one out. How many new topics need to be started and who deems them answered? When we still have issues with the note2
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tayeb A wrote:

Hello, Thank you all for your comments, we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You...

Did you try the fix and set your network settings to WCDMA/GSM and not WCDMA/GSM/LTE?
Userlevel 1
Tayeb A wrote:

Yes I did Paul, did you look into why I could not open the other link, like you had said you would after you got back. I have tried everything including factory reset, calling Samsung and they said factory reset which I did again and turned off software update so that the older version would be on my phone.
Tayeb A wrote:

I lost service today. Koodo suddenly wasn't registered as my network and then the indicator for data roam also appeared as off. Something isn't right with network. I'm however receiving calls and text msg for the time being. Had to register phone on koodo network tho.
Tayeb A wrote:

Strange stuff is happening Paul. Strange indeed. Sorry. Just trying to keep it light. ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tayeb A wrote:

Changing network settings is about as useful as going into airplane mode and back to some other random setting.. pulling the battery and pointing the phone up to the high heavens at 327 degrees (not F or C, please) which any CSR would probably tell you to do. Glad to hear your feedback, which is all too rare. Still waiting a cure which makes sense.
Tayeb A wrote:

hlo...my mobile data is off but my bill is increasing day by day..my mobile network settings are wcdm snd gsm...is this hspening due to this???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tayeb A wrote:

Hi raj. What do you mean "...my bill is increasing day by day"? You can start your own post with a little more information, then we may be able to give you some suggestions.