Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung note 2 not receiving calls randomly

Userlevel 1
Samsung note 2 not taking calls after charging or going on wifi. I have to either switch airplane mode on and off or #21# and send to wake my phone up on the network. Somebody keeps marking these topics answered but it's not?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Change your network settings to WCDMA and not LTE. The issue is being worked on and this is a temporary fix until the issue is fixed, you've been told this previously and asking the same question multiple times a week is not going to help you it's just kind of impolite
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Change your network settings to WCDMA and not LTE. The issue is being worked on and this is a tem...

I have done this and it does not help, you are always saying this , I was told instead of asking on answered questions to start new ones as this suggestion you have does not work. I would not post if the problem was fixed. I believe the solution you have is for a different topic. I had tried this two phones ago and am still having the problem, I think you need to not suggest that I am impolite, and realize that you do not have all the answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Change your network settings to WCDMA and not LTE. The issue is being worked on and this is a tem...

Would be nice if there was a provision for a "sticky" for current acknowledged problems that are being worked on to hang in at the top of the threads. All of the suggestions and comments in one place. It's not very efficient to have 3 or 4 threads going on any issue at the same time, see them drop down a few pages within a couple of days and then have a new one started all over again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can post that as an idea here: https://getsatisfaction.com/getsatisfaction?topic-list[settings][type]=idea
Userlevel 1
This is not answered as my phone is still having this problem. Who deems the topics answered
Userlevel 2
Hi John! As you didn’t keep us posted concerning this issue and didn’t provide any feedback on the comments recently posted by our community masters, your question was registered as "answered". We understand your frustration but, for reasons of clarity, we can’t keep all questions in the “unanswered” category even if the problem is not resolved yet. Thank you for your understanding. ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 1
Thank you Pierre but according to one of the masters it is user I don't know how to use my phone? That's the kind of answers that I am pleased to hear. I think that is very unprofessional of that master and belittling me like he does is not very pleasent
Userlevel 1
My phone has been sent away to be checked, I am using my girlfriend's phone and have not had a problem so I can rule out the Sim card solution and hope my phone comes back working
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

My phone has been sent away to be checked, I am using my girlfriend's phone and have not had a pr...

Well I got my Note II back from repair and it seemed good for a day or so and now same problem , while it was gone I used my girlfriends motor G and had no problems, so I don't think it can be the Sim card this question is "NOT ANSWERED" STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM
My samsung note 2 is also doing the same thing if I turn the wifi off problem seems to go away. turning the wifi off is not an acceptable solution. as I would get a huge bill if I use mobile data for watching Netflix with the mhl to hdmi adapter on my tv I have a loner Samsung S3 haven't missed any calls yet and Koodo has my Note 2 witch sure they will just factory reset and say its fine and probably scratch it up more Right now I am not to happy with Koodo will just have to hope my note 2 actually gets a software update to fix it.
Change your network settings to WCDMA and not LTE This is not the answered my Note 2 still had the problem. in fact seemed to be worse for my phone. turning wifi off seemed to work best and and network on auto connect lte/wcdma/gsm Please post if turning your wifi off is working for you I am interested if it works for anyone else. I will be retesting my note 2 when it comes back from repair I hope Samsung actually fixes it but if not Ill do few days of testing with wifi off and post the results here.
I got my phone back I am still having the same problems with it also has some small scratches now 😞 I did more testing with wifi off and I still miss calls sorry its hard to tell what works and doesn't be cause the problem is intermittent I have been video taping the problem to prove my point that there is something going wrong with the note 2 I think someone from Samsung needs to look at the cell radio driver I think its crashing and when you phone out again it resets the driver that's why it takes good 10-15 sec to call out and then works for while again I could be completely wrong My loner Samsung S3 phone never missed a call once while I had it I dropped my phone off again to day got another S3 witch seems to be working correctly. I don't have much hopes that my phone will be fixed. If they don't have it fixed by 3rd time I am returning charger phone box and all cables to the store and filing a complaint to http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ and of course telling them don't send me a bill cause If you can't honor your side of the contract why should I. I also plan to video tape the drop off maybe Ill buy a Lennon to place on the counter with my phone. I really hope they can find a fix I love everything about the phone accept the miss calls and delayed texts there has to be a way to fix the problem I have a good case and MHL to HDMI adapter so I can watch videos on my tv will really suck having to get new case and accessories again.
Userlevel 1
Derek S wrote:

I got my phone back I am still having the same problems with it also has some small scratches now...

well as I had suspected Samsung kept getting me to send the phone back till warranty expired they said oh maybe we will give you a different model they delayed the decision till after my warranty expired told me to send in the phone again I attempted to send in the phone and the different departments did all sorry your warranty is up I am done with Samsung I bought an LG g3 no problems other than the battery seems a little weaker than mine old they almost call me at Walmart to get another Samsung but I said nothank you to koodo for all your support in this matter koodo buys a lot more phones than me and could have done something about this