Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy Useless Autocorrect

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed how bad it is? Every time I type 'ok', it may not be strictly grammatically correct but it's a really common word, it autcorrects it to 'I know'. EVERY TIME. It NEVER learns that is how I type. There are several words it does this for, the replacement word is something far less common. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way round it?

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Lorraine! I know there is away to turn it of. But I would suggest downloading swiftkey from the playstore, its free, has awesome auto correct. I've been using it since I've had an android. 🙂
Userlevel 2
I prefer the newer Google Keyboard app, it's a little Swiftkey and a little Swype and a little Stock all smushed together. That and the custom words we ALL add to our dictionary are backed up to our Google account for if you change phones. For instance, "Dear auto correct, I have never meant, 'Ducking!' " 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron W wrote:

I prefer the newer Google Keyboard app, it's a little Swiftkey and a little Swype and a little St...

SwiftKey has a backup feature as well and it's also had swype feature for about a year now. It also has many themes available to change the key color, shape, size and more. I agree with hippielongstocking SwiftKey is the way to go IMO.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

I prefer the newer Google Keyboard app, it's a little Swiftkey and a little Swype and a little St...

Depending on your needs dude. If you just need s simple intelligent keyboard, then use the Google one. I found Swiftkey has just way too many features like it's a keyboard not a custom car guys lol do you need sooo many options? Or would you rather just use one that works? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron W wrote:

I like SwiftKey for its simultaneous multi-language support.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

Same on Google I have a primary language and two secondaries all running simultaneously. Which you quick access from the press/hold menu on the space bar
Userlevel 7
Aaron W wrote:

Both keyboards are great, I have a Nexus 4 and use the SwiftKey keyboard more often now than I do the stock Google keyboard. But either one will work excellent on any android device.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

I wasn't referring to the Android Stock one that's built into the os, I mean the seperate app you get from the play store.
Userlevel 7
Aaron W wrote:

It's the same keyboard...it just comes pre-installed on the Nexus phones.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

Anyone else here have a nexus 4? Anybody? Anybody? Not everyone has a Nexus, and I see no mention of one besides you in this thread so to the rest of the world no its not stock, it's not the same
Userlevel 7
Aaron W wrote:

I'm not saying everybody has a Nexus device but it is available for those who do have an android device. This is a video that proves that: How Google is Taking Back Android!: http://youtu.be/H9HH0vqb4q8 Have a good day.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

I didn't need you prove it to me, ive worked for multiple android development teams. Googles take back is not done yet. So, shhhh, and stop making irrelevant comments
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron W wrote:

Where have you worked and being part of a beta testing team online does not count as working for a Dev Team.
Userlevel 2
Aaron W wrote:

Dude say what you will, you are grossly misinformed and spreading poor information. Stop it.