Koodo Community

Community

Question

Samsung Galaxy special offer event!

Could you let me know if and when Koodo might be having a Samsung Galaxy special price event? I look at every other company and they have dropped the price of the Samsung Galaxy S3...I would love it if Koodo could have a special like everyone else...it would insist me to stay with you, something that I really would like...to stay with Koodo!

9 replies

Nope. Because no one will no when those happen. Just watch Koodo's website for sale prices. And you shouldn't need anything extra to stay with Koodo. You should be loyal based on the great service that Koodo gives you. Anything else you get from Koodo is just beneficial.
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Nope. Because no one will no when those happen. Just watch Koodo's website for sale prices. An...

People can make their own evaluations in this regard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always buy a compatible Galaxy device from elsewhere and get it unlocked and use it on koodo service. If you got it that way and have no money owing on your tab you could then choose to get a 10% discount on your plan each month as well.
Userlevel 7
You mentioned the other company prices... yes they have dropped the price of the S III in terms of an upfront cost on a 2 year device subsidy agreement, not the actual retail price, which is what Koodo's Tab is based from. On Robellus, your minimum rate plan needs to be $70/month (Unlimited Nationwide Talk + Text, CD/VM, and 250 MB of data) to get the advertised subsidy price... don't need unlimited calls? Too bad. More data? Pay even more money. Texts are not international, either... it's an additional $5/month for 500 international texts on Bell, not sure about the others, it might even be pay-per-use. Voicemails are limited to 3 messages (can be increased to 10 on Telus for an extra $5). Koodo's is 10 by default! There's so much more to your phone/carrier selection than the cheapest price in store... you need to understand the subsidy amount and how it's paid off, the agreement terms, and the rate plan you get.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You mentioned the other company prices... yes they have dropped the price of the S III in terms o...

Great point Johnathan. * worthy even 🙂
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

You mentioned the other company prices... yes they have dropped the price of the S III in terms o...

Same thing goes with Koodo though. If you want the maximum subsidy (which is what you get access to on Robellus if you take a $70/mth plan), you're going to pay $65/$75/$95 plus an additional $10 per month. Don't need unlimited calls? Too bad. Want more Data, pay more money. You do get 'better' voicemail though and international text messages, it's not like it's 'free' though, you're paying for it just you are on anyone else (Rogers includes unlimited text in all their plans btw, voicemail is also included. Not sure about the others). I think the takeaway is that regardless of who you go with these days, if you're taking a device on a heavy subsidy, you're going to pay about the same monthly rate for plans with similar services.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes I know that Rogers includes unlimited texting in their plans, but it's still only Canada-wide. I was talking about an international feature... it's either pay-per-use or add on a value pack for $12. Plus you're forgetting that with Koodo there's 4 options for getting a device from them (No Tab, Small, Medium, or Large Tab) but on Rogers there's only 2 for the S III (outright/MTM or data plan). Talk + Text promotional subsidy is not available. If you want a Talk + Text plan you have to pay $474.99 upfront. For an extra $25 you can buy it outright from Koodo for that kind of money, so why would you bother?
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Yeah no I hear you, they're both very similar and depending on the person and what their particular needs are, each has its own pros and cons. They're both very close though. You could buy the device for $500 outright at Koodo and then go on a month to month plan. Or you could buy it at 474.99 from Rogers and go on a month to month plan as well. While you may get a few things with Koodo that Rogers doesn't offer as standard fare in their packages, such as international text messaging, the benefit of that will certainly depend on the person making the purchase. Maybe the buyer doesn't care about international text but instead really wants to add Visual Voicemail to their plan, and Mobile TV, both of which aren't possible to do with Koodo. It's pretty much customer dependent which one is better, their is no clear cut 'best' carrier these days, they all offer about the same value but just go about how they're going to actually offer that slightly differently.
I was with Rogers just before joining with Koodo. The signals with Rogers is minimum. You're connection to calls and internet is so very limited! My boyfriend's company phone is with Telus (as everyone knows, its's the same company as Koodo) and he always has a connection anywhere we go. We went to New Brunswick in July and that's when I realized what I was paying with Rogers....for no connectivity! (phone calls and data) I couldn't believe it! But I said, okay, we're here in New Brunswick, just a trip, It works at home fine. Then when I came back home and we started to go camping in different places, I found out that I never had a connection for calls or internet, nothing for that matter where ever I went almost. I couldn't believe it! With Rogers I was paying 65$ a month to not be able to go anywhere with my phone....at that price of not doing anything, I would prefer not to have a cell.. I have been with Koodo now for a month and we have gone camping in different places and gone visiting different towns and I have always had a connection for calls and internet no matter where I have been. I can say that with Koodo they have great prices, sometimes same prices as the competitors with the purchase of a phone on a tab but I know for a fact that now I am paying for what I am receiving! So far, I am very very satisfied with Koodo and I love the community chat room thing...pretty awesome and everyone is always answering to questions and comments helping each other out! I haven't seen that before! How awesome! Cool customers for a cool mobile company!