Koodo Community
Question

Samsung Galaxy SIII instruction manual

• 1 October 2013
  • 9 replies

My husband and I have just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S111. No instructions manual makes it pretty tricky to do anything on it, both of us being computer illiterate. For instance, how, when a phone messages come in, do we delete them? Alarm on snooze doesn't work, it shuts the alarm off. My husband took off all his apps last night, and this morning the battery was dead, hence no alarm, hence up late for work. Is there an easy-to-follow instruction manual as the one I downloaded rom is very long and complicated and doesn't cover the issue of deleting phone messaages from the screen? Hazel J.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Did you download the one from here? http://help.koodomobile.com/phone-troubleshooting/samsung-galaxy-siii It's probably wise not to keep all the messages you get 'cause at some point it will take up more room on your phone then you want. So deleting those not worth keeping is a good idea. No clue about snooze and the rest, but I'm sure other will chime in.
Thank for the reply. Downloaded manual from the web. We want to get rid of our telephone messages, but don't know how to do it. Tx messages are fine as there is a garbage bin at the top of the screen, but not so with the phone messages window. We will have to work with the alarm preferably during the day when more alert. LOL
Userlevel 6
Thank for the reply. Downloaded manual from the web. We want to get rid of our telephone messag...To get rid of your phone messages you will have to listen to the message first and at the end press 7 to delete. 9 if you want to save the message.
Userlevel 7
to set an alarm go to apps then clock and then create alarm. then you set the time and the days you want the alarm to ring on. you can always go back and turn off the alarm if needed.also if you find that your phone is dying before the alarm goes off, keep it plugged in and charging and unplug it in the morning. as for text messages there should be two touch sensitive buttons beside your home button press the one that likes a menu then there should be a small window to delete your messages. 🙂
I downloaded the manual from the Koodo site, thank you and printed it out. Have to read through it now. I know how to delete voicemail messages (press 7 to delete), it's the messages that are stored in the phone that I don't know how to delete. Anyone help with this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I downloaded the manual from the Koodo site, thank you and printed it out. Have to read through ...What messages are you referring to? Text messages, email messages, call logs, etc?
The manual is great. I found out how to delete the call log. Now I just have to find out how to delete the manuals I put on the phone. Onward and upward!! Thanks for your help, Daniel and Chris.
Badge +4
The manual is great. I found out how to delete the call log. Now I just have to find out how to...Navigate to the My Files folder and select All Files, select extSdCard. (if you don't have a microSDHC storage card installed, the extSdCard option will not appear). Instead select sdcard0. Select the Download folder and your Samsung .pdf manual will be located there. Place a checkmark next to the Samsung .pdf file and a trash can will pop up, tap the trash can, you'll be prompted if you want to delete the file, tap OK to delete. You can also long press on the file itself and a list of options will appear, select Delete to remove the file.
Userlevel 7
The manual is great. I found out how to delete the call log. Now I just have to find out how to...No problem, glad i could help 🙂