Koodo Community

Community

Solved

samsung galaxy s7 edge preorder not arriving on release date?

Userlevel 1
Why is it called a preorder if I will receive the s7 edge after the release date ( March 11th). It says march 17-25. That's stupid, I'm thinking of canceling my order and getting the international version then. 

30 replies

Userlevel 7
As I said at the other post you commented about this: Typically the new samsung phones are in high demand, this guarantees you get one plus you get a free gear VR with pre-orders only.
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

As I said at the other post you commented about this: Typically the new samsung phones are in hig...

Okay, that makes sense. But, why does koodo charge the full amount before shipping it? I know companies usually place a hold for the amount, but not actually charge it until they ship it. It's my first time preordering/ buying a phone from their web store. I usually buy my phones from telus instead. Most of time koodo doesn't have the flagship phones. 
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

As I said at the other post you commented about this: Typically the new samsung phones are in hig...

Payments for pre-orders will depend on the store. For example, Best Buy charges once the item actually ships whereas EB Games charges the minute you make a pre-order. Especially with a flagship like the S7, Koodo most likely does not want to keep a phone on hold for a customer who's payment will not get approved when they could sell it to someone who will be able to pay it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Phones are being shipped tomorrow Manpreet. Should get it by Friday.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Bernard . but still i haven't received any confirmation on the pre order.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Let us look into it Anant.
Mathieu wrote:

thanks!hope to hear from you soon !!

Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Anant, can you send us your email address used to place this order? Please email it to webstore@koodomobile.com so that we can send you the confirmation. Thanks so much.
Mathieu wrote:

Rostam I have replied to the Webstore!
Mathieu wrote:

I just pre ordered the galaxy s7 today.. will my phone be shipped out tomorrow or should I expect it to be later, next week perhaps? Thanks
Mathieu wrote:

Samsung galaxy s7 release date was March 11 but good luck finding one in stores. None at the Koodo store they say they would be getting some March 20th. Not one at BestBuy mobile for Koodo. Found only one at Wow Mobile.
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

I'm guessing Canada got low stock from Samsung, and demand was high. My s7 edge had a thank you card, that's so kind of Koodo. Now, hunt for the perfect screen protector begins.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Would you mind taking a pic and post the thank you note here? Would love to see whose signature is on it. We have bets going on as several of us wrote a ton of those notes.:-)
Mathieu wrote:

i did even recieve the shipping email yet. good for you. shipment delivered early for you..
I've preordered on the announcement day and still haven't received shipping confirmation. My card has been charged on feb 23rd too. Is this normal considering Bernard says it should be shipping starting tomorrow?
Frank wrote:

I've preordered on the announcement day and still haven't received shipping confirmation. My card...

Same here. Haven't received any kind of confirmation/shipping email, and I pre-ordered on the announcement day. Just emailed the Web Store Support and hoping they'll get back to me. 
Userlevel 1
Frank wrote:

I've preordered on the announcement day and still haven't received shipping confirmation. My card...

I got my shipping email like 2hrs ago, so you might also get it soon. Sadly, the tracking isn't working yet. 
Frank wrote:

cool!!
Frank wrote:

Just got my shipping confirmation with tracking. Tracking number doesnt work yet though and the email makes no mention of the Gear VR:

What's in the box:
SAMSUNG GS7 BLACK KOODO
KOODO V3 NANOSIM
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank wrote:

All pre-orders come with the VR + a personalized than you! 🙂
Frank wrote:

Bernard, you said on this thread that we should be getting our devices tomorrow. Can you confirm that as I'm seeing a lot of other threads on this forum that say March 17-24th...
Frank wrote:

Still a day before available but koodo page now has no mention of VR gear.  Is it no longer available?
Userlevel 1
Frank wrote:

weird my shipping confirmation, doesn't list what's in the box. Hopefully, I'm just over-reacting and everything is good...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Frank wrote:

@Kevin we have express shipped them at the end so most folks should get it by tomorrow.
Frank wrote:

Bernard, thank you for your response. I'm getting very concerned that I still haven't received any kind of confirmation yet. Web Store support has also not gotten back to me yet...