Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung galaxy s2x (SHG-T989D) jelly bean update

Samsung galaxy s2x (SHG-T989D) jelly bean update coming soon?

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes. Soon. Just keep waiting. It keeps being pushed back. Hopefully by end of April or early May.
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes. Soon. Just keep waiting. It keeps being pushed back. Hopefully by end of April or early May.

Hopefully, do you know why it keeps getting pushed back?
Nobody truly knows. It will come when it comes. Read the hundred other posts on the subject.
Userlevel 2
Hey Stevon, it would be best to ask Samsung since they control the updates and when they are released. We don't usually have information relating to software updates. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hey guys, SGH-T989D jelly bean update has started to roll out via Kies for Telus users. Since koodo is Telus's subsidary their users might have the upgrade available. Connect your devices via kies to make sure. If while trying to upgrade it fails with an error message saying "unable to close tray agent reboot pc" open task mangr while having the kies s/w running end three process's - kies pdlr, kies tray agent, & kies air. Now try the upgrade it should work Enjoy the JB ROM with a lot of cool features. thanks, Fahad
Mohammed Yousuf said "Connect your devices via kies to make sure. " The trouble is: My SIIX has never been able to connect to Kies since day 1, always showing the error "Device not supported by Kies 2.0". Not only that, on the Phone Status screen, the "Check for Update" option is missing. So, unless the update is going to be OTA, I am not sure how I can get it! Am I the only poor soul having this problem? Any help?
Badge +4
Prajna Surya wrote:

Mohammed Yousuf said "Connect your devices via kies to make sure. " The trouble is: My SIIX ha...

We answered your question in the other thread. Update Kies and you should be good to go.
Prajna Surya wrote:

Mohammed Yousuf said "Connect your devices via kies to make sure. " The trouble is: My SIIX ha...

Yeah right. I have the same problem. Kies hasn't worked since I got my phone. Got the latest software, drivers say they install ok, but Kies still won't recognize my phone. I've been waiting for this update since it was promised. This is a major issue.
Prajna Surya wrote:

Raymond: Being in the same boat, I take it you has not gotten an OTA Jelly Bean download either?
Prajna Surya wrote:

mines the same...when you go to about phone no 'check for update' option. it recognizes via Keis but when I try to download firmware update it gets to 100% then kies just closes lmao this is retarded, even tried the odin method listed below and it wont work for me either..
Prajna Surya wrote:

I tried both ways too and neither works.  Now I have a factory reset phone and am non too happy about it!!!
Prajna Surya wrote:

I was having the same problems and not even able to get Kies to work but the rikkster workaround using Odin worked great but the phone now boots up with a Telus screen and not Koodo anymore. My phone even connects to Kies now. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Koodo and Samsung should have a workable solution to this so you don't have to use Kies.
Badge +4
Badge +4
Badge +4
I did the upgrade but my phone is very slow since... I have to wait when I wrothe a text message because the phone is not able anymore to follow me. Before the upgrade it was working so well...
Userlevel 2
I just upgraded to 4.2.2............on my Blackberry. My Android apps fly right now. It would be interesting to do a performance comparison against a mid & high level android device. Ah, the joy of being able to run an OS inside of an OS.
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I just upgraded to 4.2.2............on my Blackberry. My Android apps fly right now. It would b...

4.2.2 Jelly BBean...
I have sgh-t989d and since the upgrade I can't access the koodo network
Francois Lachance wrote:

I have sgh-t989d and since the upgrade I can't access the koodo network

I also lost, 2 months ago, access to koodo account App , but just for the utilisation tab. I am still on ICS.