Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy S2 X sound problem

Samsung Galaxy S2 X, I cant hear the other party when calling someone. The phone has been working working perfectly fine for the last two months but all of a sudden it giving me a trouble hearing the other person during a call.

12 replies

First try a soft reset of your phone (take out the battery, sim, micro sd etc for multiple minutes. If that should fail, try a factory reset, which can be done from settings>privacy>factory reset. If these fail it is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed without a technicians help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Tyrone Carl Anthony Robinson wrote:

First try a soft reset of your phone (take out the battery, sim, micro sd etc for multiple minute...

Just be careful when it comes about factory reset, you should back up your info since will be deleted
Tyrone Carl Anthony Robinson wrote:

First try a soft reset of your phone (take out the battery, sim, micro sd etc for multiple minute...

Factory Reset should be a final step, if audio works in other applications it may be simply a setting/volume issue.
LikeaBoss do other applications have similar sound issues or is it just when placing or receiving a call?
Does it work on speaker or with a headset? I had an issue with my old phone, and it turned out that the speaker was busted.
I tried the factory reset, didnt work 😞 There are no sound issues with the other applications and it works perfectly fine with a headset or on speaker. The phone is nearly two months old so seems like I will have to send it back to the company to get it fixed.
Badge +4
LikeaBoss wrote:

I tried the factory reset, didnt work 😞 There are no sound issues with the other applications a...

Call Koodo tech support from a line other than your S2x, they may be able to further troubleshoot or assist you with sending your device in for repair. Koodo's number: 1-866-995-6636, press 6 or say "technical support".
I have a samsung ace but I do have probleme with the sound... I can hear clair but peaople cant hear me...
Badge +4
Emilie Levac wrote:

I have a samsung ace but I do have probleme with the sound... I can hear clair but peaople cant h...

Call Koodo tech support from a line other than your Galaxy Ace, they may be able to further troubleshoot or assist you with sending your device in for repair. Koodo's number: 1-866-995-6636, press 6 or say "technical support".
Userlevel 7
Emilie Levac wrote:

I have a samsung ace but I do have probleme with the sound... I can hear clair but peaople cant h...

Is your mute on accidentally?
Emilie Levac wrote:

umm not sure, how do I check that?
Badge +4
Emilie Levac wrote:

Swipe from top of screen downward and look for the speaker icon with a hash mark through it (second icon from the right). For Sound to be enabled, the icon should be greyed out and display the word Sound. By tapping the icon, you can cycle through Sound, Vibrate and Mute modes. try this too Go to: Settings > Sound > Volumes - all sliders should be at or near maximum levels. In the same Sound window, tap on Silent Mode and set to off.