Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy S III without radio FM

How can I implement Radio FM on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S III) ?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
check this app out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tunein.player&feature=nav_result I tried to find an answer more direct to your question but most of the forums I came across stated the S3 doesn't allow the FM transmission. KID ANDROID might be able to answer this one for you once he sees the post 😛
i dont have radio(fm transmission) on my galaxy s 3, pls what can i do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure if the Galaxy S3 has radio but I took a screen shot from my Galaxy Note 2 to show you what the icon is your looking for (circled below) If you have this icon just click on it and it will bring you into the radio app. You might have already done this if you have it but you might not have known that you MUST use your headphones to make the radio work as it uses them as the antenna. If you you don't have this icon it doesn't have radio and Tylers recommendation of using an app is your best bet.

I don't believe the S3 has it, I have the S2X and it doesn't have a FM radio function. Honestly, if it doesn't come with the phone, it doesn't have it unfortunately. The best options you can try as a replacement would be apps like TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Stitcher Radio, Songza, and I think the Winamp app has radio stations you can tune into. I know it isn't FM radio, but I know stations like 102.1 The Edge do have apps you can get their feed from, like the Corus Radio app, and I see iHeartRadio links in with different FM stations and it can be customized to make your own "stations" Hope that all helps ^_^
Unfortunetly, I don't have the FM radio icon . . . but concerning the app tuneln Radio, I found this : «TuneIn connects you to the internet stream of most stations, not the FM stream. Most devices that run TuneIn Radio do not have an FM tuner to pick up the FM frequencies.» I am sad that it means that I have to use my data package for listening to the radio . . . I will try to change my habit and read a book instead . . . or may be return the phone to the store ! Thank you for your help, Dominique
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dominique Brault wrote:

Unfortunetly, I don't have the FM radio icon . . . but concerning the app tuneln Radio, I found...

If you have an old phone still you could return the Galaxy S3 if within 14 days of purchase and wait till Koodo releases the Galaxy S4 at the end of April start of May and I'm sure it will have the FM radio feature as its on my Galaxy Note 2 so I'm sure they'll put it in the Galaxy S4, Plus you'll have one of the best phones available with the most up to date version of Android as a bonus 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dominique Brault wrote:

Unfortunetly, I don't have the FM radio icon . . . but concerning the app tuneln Radio, I found...

The S4 will not have an FM tuner.
I have the S2x and tried all the apps that are out there that are supposedly supposed to work but they don't. I too use the TuneIn Radio App but only when I have a WiFi connection.
My galaxy S3 has a radio. unless you have a branded and it has been removed or disabled you should have it
From whtat I read. the international version has a radio. Its up to the carrier if they want to provide the radio version or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The international version of the Galaxy S3 and S4 have FM Radio but the Carrier branded versions of those models indeed do Not have FM Radio. Not sure why they did this but another reason I prefer factory unlocked International versions of phones personally.
does the galaxy s 3 got fm transmission on it ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haliwanzy Paulus wrote:

does the galaxy s 3 got fm transmission on it ?

No.