Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy S II always forward air time usuage

Samsung Galaxy S II always forward Go to settings – call – call forwarding – voice call – always forward – put in number and enable. I tried this by putting in my office number and it worked, calls were forwarded to my office number and didn’t go to my cell. Does this use air time minutes?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
If you have the feature for unlimited call forward minutes then no, you would not be charged. If you do NOT have the unlimited call forward minute addon, then it would be a pay per use service which is 35 cents per minute. The call forwarding feature to provide unlimited call forward minutes is $3/month
With the $3 per month call forward add on to stop the airtime charges and the fee, $0.35 per minute. I have I the Canada Wide Plan with free incoming calls. Would there be an long distance charges associated with any call forwarding? Thanks, Steve
Userlevel 4
Steve Gabie wrote:

With the $3 per month call forward add on to stop the airtime charges and the fee, $0.35 per minu...

Only if you were to call forward to a line that is NOT in the same local area of your cell number. Example: number is based in Calgary but you forward it to a Vancouver number. Rate plans that include long distance do not cover call forwarding long distance charges because it involves a third party phone line.
Does airtime get used when calls are forwarded? Most carriers allow something like 2,500 minutes of call forwarding with the feature ($3) without affecting the cell minutes.
Userlevel 4
Steve Gabie wrote:

Does airtime get used when calls are forwarded? Most carriers allow something like 2,500 minutes ...

From what I read about the feature when I was at work is that the airtime in your plan is not used when you enable call forwarding. 35 cents a minute is charged instead if you have the pay per use option. Depending how often you use the function, maybe the $3/month for call forward with Koodo might be valuable as it does give you unlimited call forwarding minutes
Thanks I have enabled the $3 feature. Now I am just trying to figure out if call forwarding my Nanaimo cell number to a Vancouver number will have a LD charge. When I was with Telus mobile it was not LD to call Vancouver from my Nanaimo cell number and no 1 was needed in front of the Vancouver number. No LD charge appeared on my bill and I didn't have a LD feature. But it was LD from Vancouver to Nanaimo but not from Nanaimo to Vancouver. With Koodo it is not clear on that.
Userlevel 4
Steve Gabie wrote:

Thanks I have enabled the $3 feature. Now I am just trying to figure out if call forwarding my Na...

You are good to go, my friend. Your Canada Wide plan will cover the long distance charges. Back in November of 2011, they changed the way call forwarding works on a number with long distance coverage.
Steve Gabie wrote:

Thanks I have enabled the $3 feature. Now I am just trying to figure out if call forwarding my Na...

Thanks for all the info. I will have my first bill in a few days so I will test run it for now without using a lot a time on the call fwd. I know I have used a lot of normal day time minutes, a least over a 100 since I got the account last Monday but 0 time usage shows up on my online account meter and also when I check the Koodo automated phone system. The text message count is showing the numbers okay. Just wondering about that.
Userlevel 4
Steve Gabie wrote:

What's the exact wording you see for the usage? I haven't logged into Self Serve for a few months lol. Last time I used a Self Serve walkthrough to help someone it wasn't the updated version.
Userlevel 4