Koodo Community
Question

samsung galaxy note N7000

• 18 December 2012
  • 8 replies

I know the samsung galaxy note has 2 versions the i717(north american) and the n7000(international) does anyone know if the n7000 will work here in canada? with a koodo sim?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it will work fine. You just need to set the APN Settings to those of Koodo and put in your SIM Card and away you go. If you have anymore questions about the original Galaxy Note or the Galaxy Note 2 international or North American versions feel free to ask as I've had both and am presently typing on a Galaxy Note 2 international version GT-7100 on Koodo service. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada) Side Note: The Galaxy Note 2 uses a Micro SIM so if you get the Galaxy Note 2 you'd need to get a Micro SIM.
i think i prefer the 5.3 screen on the first one compared to the 5.5 screen on the note2. im not overly tech savy, how would i set the APN? and your sure that the N7000 would work with a koodo sim the the correct APN settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
i think i prefer the 5.3 screen on the first one compared to the 5.5 screen on the note2. im not ...I'm 100% sure it will work. You go to settings - more settings - mobile networks - Access Point Names and click on the provider name if there is one and it will bring you to the settings you will change. Change the name as well as all the other settings to the settings I'll put below and save by pressing g the menu button on the phone and selecting save. Then delete any other provider if there is any by doing the same thing you did to save the Koodo one. If it's brand new then chances are it will automatically setup the APN Settings so you'll just have to put in your SIM Card. (mine auto set) I like the Galaxy Note 2 size more because even though the screen size is bigger than the Note 1the phone is slightly narrower and fits in one hand much better. I'm 6'7" 300lbs with some big hands and I can't comfortably hold the Galaxy Note 1 in one hand. I also found the original was a little under powered for everything islts capable of doing. Where the Galaxy Note 2 is blazing fast and has zero lag. It really is the perfect device. i change phones about 3 times a year because there's always something I don't like, but the Galaxy Note 2 I have found absolutely nothing I don't like & will have it for probably the next 2 years. If money isn't an issue then I'd get the Galaxy Note 2, if it is then the original Galaxy Note is still an awesome phone for the price. I'd go for the international version either way also like it sounds like you are. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
I'd like to switch to a Galaxy Note, probably version 1, and I've been looking for some confirmation that the phone would work on Koodo, but it's hard to get a clear answer on that. Kid Android, other than the issues you've mentioned, is there anything to consider in choosing a Galaxy Note, like the original carrier? I see some Notes selling on eBay from Telus, and I figured that might be a safer choice, but there are better deals from other carriers. TIA, Nick @ Vancouver
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd like to switch to a Galaxy Note, probably version 1, and I've been looking for some confirmat...I think there are only 2 models of the Galaxy Note which are the GT-7000 which is the unlocked international model and the GT-717 (with various letters after the second 7) which are all the carrier models. I know 100% that Bell, Rogers models will all work on Koodo. The unlocked international model will also work on Koodo. Hope that helps. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
hi there, I have a Note 1 that is unlocked, unsure which carrier it was on before (maybe telus?). It seems to work with other SIMS but wont with koodo? any idea why?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi there, I have a Note 1 that is unlocked, unsure which carrier it was on before (maybe telus?)...@ J Fricke There was another Koodo customer that came to the forum a few weeks ago & we trouble shot everything & came to the conclusion that the Telus model can't be used on Koodo unfortunately. If everything isn't working I think your out of luck if calling is working but not Internet let me know & I'll give you more info to get Internet working.
hi there, I have a Note 1 that is unlocked, unsure which carrier it was on before (maybe telus?)...no calling isnt working, guess I'll have to pull out of koodo for now. Maybe I'll be back if koodo gets the note 2 or 3 in the future. Thanks so much for the quick reply K.A.!