Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy II X Stopped Working

My phone suddenly turned off yesterday, and now it won't get to the lock screen. It's stuck on the samsung animation. What do i do?! Where do I find out how long the warranty on my phone is?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
You're stuck in a boot loop, you'll need to use the recovery mode to perform a factory reset Remove the battery from the phone Reinsert the battery Press power and volume down simultaneously for about 5 seconds You'll get into fastboot mode Using the volume down button to scroll, select factory reset and press the volume up key This will return your device to the state it was in when you got it. Unfortunately your data will be gone. The warranty is one year from the date of purchase
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You're stuck in a boot loop, you'll need to use the recovery mode to perform a factory reset R...

Sorry is this the galaxy S2x or the Ace IIx?
Chad Burr wrote:

You're stuck in a boot loop, you'll need to use the recovery mode to perform a factory reset R...

it's the S2x, my mistake for not specifying. I pressed power and volume down, and it gave me two choices, volume up to use my own OS, or volume down to restart
Chad Burr wrote:

volume up would be if i wanted to download a custom OS, i don't know what that means..
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Sorry for the S2x it's both volume keys and the power key. Once you feel it vibrate release the power key
Chad Burr wrote:

Awesome, it was slow getting to the next page, but it worked! Thank you so much!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah I forgot also to mention the first boot up after this procedure will take longer than usual. Good to hear it's working.