Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy Ace won't charge or connect to network

MY BRAND NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE GT-S5830D WONT CHARGE UNLESS U HAVE IT DIRECT TO THE WALL WONT CHARGE ON A COMPUTER OR IN MY TRUCK WITH THE CHARGER IT CAME WITH I JUST GOT A FIFTY DOLLAR A MONTH PLAN AND I WOKE UP TO NOT BEIN ABLE TO CALL OR RECEIVE CALLS DONT KNOW Y I BOUGHT THE FULL PLAN EVERYTHING IS FREE FOR A MONTH I CAN TEXT AND RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES CAN ANYONE HELP THE PHONE IS THREE DAYS OLD WEN I TRY TO CALL 611 EVEN IT JUST HANGS UP RIGHT AWAY WAS FINE LAST NIGHT

9 replies

Exact same thing is happening to me right now....no clue what to do
Userlevel 6
Michelle Rowsell wrote:

Exact same thing is happening to me right now....no clue what to do

What area are you in?
Same here, with both our cells (Android & iPhone)
Userlevel 6
DuaneC wrote:

Same here, with both our cells (Android & iPhone)

What area are you in?
Must be the system??....Again?....lol
Userlevel 7
The system has nothing to do with charging your phones battery First thing to try on Android is a restart if it's not already dead. Settings > wireless and networks > mobile > Make sure use 2g only isn't checked. Try buying a charger from a local retailer like future shop or a gas station. Of it still won't charge it's possibly a hardware issue. Contact koodo from another phone. 1.866.99.koodo
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The system has nothing to do with charging your phones battery First thing to try on Android i...

There could also be a network issue in your area, Try cycling Airplane mode.
Userlevel 6
If you guys are all on prepaid it looks like there some kind of issue in Ontario. At least that's what people are chatting about on Facebook.
Userlevel 2
Hey Chris, have you tried all of the usb slots on your computer when you attempted to charge it?