Koodo Community

Community

Solved

samsung galaxy ace phone doesn't ring (no ringer)

My samsung galaxy ace had an issue for a while. every now and then the phone makes no audible ringtone when a call is coming through, the call still comes through and if i am looking at my phone i can answer it. however if it is in my pocket etc. i have no idea that it is even ringing. my phone is not on silent and the text message tone works everytime but for some reason the ringtone for calls only plays on occasion. i have tried battery pull, and changing ringtone etc but problem persists!?
icon

Best answer by Mo D. 4 August 2013, 06:44

It sounds like a loose speaker connection to me. It happened to my old Samsung Galaxy S 1. Try playing music off it on loud speaker, and if it cuts in and out, I am fairly certain it's your loudspeaker that is loose. Text may come in, but it is a shorter duration vibration for the speaker, so there is a higher chance the speaker won't cut out before the tone ends. If it turns out to be the loose speaker, a simple fix at your local repair shop should do the trick. Just unscrew and resolder.... You could try it yourself, of course, via Youtube or Google.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
It sounds like a loose speaker connection to me. It happened to my old Samsung Galaxy S 1. Try playing music off it on loud speaker, and if it cuts in and out, I am fairly certain it's your loudspeaker that is loose. Text may come in, but it is a shorter duration vibration for the speaker, so there is a higher chance the speaker won't cut out before the tone ends. If it turns out to be the loose speaker, a simple fix at your local repair shop should do the trick. Just unscrew and resolder.... You could try it yourself, of course, via Youtube or Google.