Koodo Community
Question

Samsung Galaxy Ace II X Picture Messaging Issue

• 23 January 2013
  • 66 replies

I've been having trouble with picture messaging. I have the Samsung Galaxy Ace II X and the 15 dollar plan plus unlimited messaging add-on. How come whenever someone sends me a picture and I click the download button I could literally be waiting for hours for it to download yet it never does? Is it because my data is turned off?

This topic has been closed for comments

66 replies

Userlevel 7
something that may be helpful that i didnt know was if you have your email address set up to get ...Of course that stuff uses data.
something that may be helpful that i didnt know was if you have your email address set up to get updates such as facebook to phone or anything else ,when you get these updates and you are not using your wifi you are using data
Guys, I've figured it out. Check how much data you have used for apps other than messaging, in the data usage section in settings. Even though you don't technically use them, while you are sending the picture message, those apps get temporary internet access while the data connection becomes active, and use a couple KB. If you accumulate a total of 100KB (0.01MB) or more, you will be charged $5.00. Therefore, you will have to limit the number of picture messages you send or receive.
I dont know is this will help but i had problem sending txts with pictures and after 2 hours at a very nice koodo shop in mall it was discovered that they had used simm from my old phone to keep my contacts and this was why everything else did not work i did not have a 4g card in my phone, customer service agend gave me proper card and now works off my wifi with data enabled and is not using any data , this may not help everyone but it may help some. How to tell is you have a 4g card is when you are away from wifi you will see 4g displayed on phone.
Userlevel 4
System settings then data usage and system settings then more then mobile networks on my galaxy d...try not to post personal info like the email on the community as it stated when you signed up 🙂
System settings then data usage and system settings then more then mobile networks on my galaxy discover. Email me andy_beau@hotmail.com and I'll send u screenshots
I followed the directions that Chad has provided. I've triple checked to make sure I have no mistypes. Could you give me step by step on how to ensure my data is enabled. I'm about to throw this phone at the wall pretty soon.... lol
Make sure your phone didn't revert back to the old apn. I have to change it every now and again. Also make sure data is enabled. The instructions chad gave should work.
I've tried making two new APN's and I still cannot receive or send pictures. I'm really stumped and hopefully someone can help me 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...It take away what you already owe but it should make your adjustments to the phone take effect if you did them right and you shouldn't be charged for data anymore
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Here is something weird, on the phone, after the reboot, the data usage is less than it showed before. Also, on the Koodo Self-Serve site, it still says I should pay 5 bucks that I used for "data".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...turn the device off & back on or while the device is on do a battery & SIM Card pull for a minute or so then replace & try again.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...No, this was after making the changes. And if those other things are actually being used to send the pictures, I shouldn't be charged additional data charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Was that prior to you making the changes though? it will show those other things going up probably because they are what's being used to send photos.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Update: I've been charged $5.00 for data usage.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...This is what I'm looking at. All the numbers on the right hand side, increase whenever I send a picture message. And I also had restrict background app data enabled. http://oi47.tinypic.com/14y893.jpg
Userlevel 7
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Your looking at your phones settings to see your data usage, right?
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Wouldn't I be? Considering data that isn't being used for picture messaging is being consumed? Currently, it states nothing, but that most likely must be because I just consumed the data a few minutes ago, and their tracking systems might not be real-time. I'll check again in a day, and update this post.
Userlevel 7
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...I'm asking if you are being charged for the data usage for the other things (such as Android OS, Samsung Push Service, and Google Services). When you log into self-serve and view your data usage, are you actually being charged or is it $0.00 Also, how do you know that these apps are actually responsible for the data usage?
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Well, Koodo wouldn't charge me for the picture messages I have sent. (Thus I ignored the Messaging part of the data usage. But there are others (such as Android OS, Samsung Push Service, and Google Services), that keep increasing in KBs used.
Userlevel 7
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Are you actually being charged though? Sending a picture message actually uses data but it is covered so you don't see a charge. But data usage does occur
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...I followed chad's solution, and I added in the fake proxy and changed the no data apn to sp.kudy.com (as without it, I was automatically connected to 4G as soon as I turned on mobile data). Now when I turn off wifi, I am not connected to 4G and cant access the internet. Thats great! Just what I want. However, when I am sending a picture message, and when the 4G icon does come back on, I notice that along with the picture message being sent, other background processes (which I mentioned above) appear to be using data as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Use the solution Chad put at the top of this thread it works, or the one I put below that
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...I actually noticed that whenever I'm sending a picture message, other items such as Android OS, Google Services, and Samsung Push Service are getting internet access as the amount of KB they used, increases every time I send a picture message. How do you disable those other apps from using 4G whenever a picture message is being sent? Here, try this out. Take a screenshot of your usage (including the apps) before sending a picture message, and after. You will find an increase.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...haha no problem I'm suprised someone saw this so fast thats cool but yeah it was being a real bitch to me b4 so i feel ur pain