Koodo Community
Question

Samsung Galaxy Ace II X Picture Messaging Issue

• 23 January 2013
  • 66 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

66 replies

for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Update: I've been charged $5.00 for data usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Was that prior to you making the changes though? it will show those other things going up probably because they are what's being used to send photos.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...No, this was after making the changes. And if those other things are actually being used to send the pictures, I shouldn't be charged additional data charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...turn the device off & back on or while the device is on do a battery & SIM Card pull for a minute or so then replace & try again.
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...Here is something weird, on the phone, after the reboot, the data usage is less than it showed before. Also, on the Koodo Self-Serve site, it still says I should pay 5 bucks that I used for "data".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
for the primary apn i just made sp.koodo.com --> sp.kudy.com(basically anything wrong) now 3g won...It take away what you already owe but it should make your adjustments to the phone take effect if you did them right and you shouldn't be charged for data anymore
I've tried making two new APN's and I still cannot receive or send pictures. I'm really stumped and hopefully someone can help me 😞
Make sure your phone didn't revert back to the old apn. I have to change it every now and again. Also make sure data is enabled. The instructions chad gave should work.
I followed the directions that Chad has provided. I've triple checked to make sure I have no mistypes. Could you give me step by step on how to ensure my data is enabled. I'm about to throw this phone at the wall pretty soon.... lol
System settings then data usage and system settings then more then mobile networks on my galaxy discover. Email me andy_beau@hotmail.com and I'll send u screenshots
Userlevel 4
System settings then data usage and system settings then more then mobile networks on my galaxy d...try not to post personal info like the email on the community as it stated when you signed up 🙂
I dont know is this will help but i had problem sending txts with pictures and after 2 hours at a very nice koodo shop in mall it was discovered that they had used simm from my old phone to keep my contacts and this was why everything else did not work i did not have a 4g card in my phone, customer service agend gave me proper card and now works off my wifi with data enabled and is not using any data , this may not help everyone but it may help some. How to tell is you have a 4g card is when you are away from wifi you will see 4g displayed on phone.
Guys, I've figured it out. Check how much data you have used for apps other than messaging, in the data usage section in settings. Even though you don't technically use them, while you are sending the picture message, those apps get temporary internet access while the data connection becomes active, and use a couple KB. If you accumulate a total of 100KB (0.01MB) or more, you will be charged $5.00. Therefore, you will have to limit the number of picture messages you send or receive.
something that may be helpful that i didnt know was if you have your email address set up to get updates such as facebook to phone or anything else ,when you get these updates and you are not using your wifi you are using data
Userlevel 7
something that may be helpful that i didnt know was if you have your email address set up to get ...Of course that stuff uses data.