Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy Ace always shutting off and restarting?

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and every time its shaken or sharply tapped it shuts off and restarts. Any idea on why this would be happening or how i could fix this? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Poor connection to the battery would be by guess. Check for any dust or debris near the battery contacts.
If it immediately shuts off, sounds like it could be a loose battery connection/malfunction to me. If you bring it in to your local Koodo shop, they should be able to help you out with repairs. If you have it in a case, you can check to verify that the power button area doesn't have dirt buildup inside, but it should at least show the shutdown menu if that is the case.
Ive checked the battery and the connections. They all seem fine, but the phone is still continuing to shut off. Im starting to wonder if it could be a problem of a lose connection in the phone?
Battery load test is the first thing to do, cracked board or loose surface mount components take more time to diagnose.
Layed out my phone out to dry over night just incase there was some sort of humidity in it? really dont know whats going on with it, but its becoming very frustrating having it turn on and off whenever theres a slight bump or nudge.
joejoe1champ wrote:

Layed out my phone out to dry over night just incase there was some sort of humidity in it? reall...

Got any friends with the same phone that you can try their battery from? It would eliminate one issue. If it is internal, there's not much option that send it in for repair, or upgrade.