Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x - Power Issue - Please HELP with Koodo policy on upgrades/exchange

I have been using Koodo Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X for about 17 months now. Have about $50 on tab. Recently my phone just does not hold any power. It turns off in about 10 min from full charge and will not start until it is attached a charger cable. Changed a new battery it is the same issue. Does Koodo hold repair/upgrade warranty on it with with them for so long. may be exchange or some sort of service ? I really do not want to spend money on a new phone or for repair.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately the warranty expired after 1 year. You will need to replace the phone or repair it. You can looks for used phones in kijiji or even at the Koodo kiosk
I personally would not go kijiji ..don't trust ..but koodo may give you a new phone.. ..hope you get your problem resolved
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

I personally would not go kijiji ..don't trust ..but koodo may give you a new phone.. ..hope you ...

Koodo will not just give a customer a new phone after 17 months. The exchange period is only 15 days. Followed by a warranty period of 1 year. After which you are on your own.
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

I personally would not go kijiji ..don't trust ..but koodo may give you a new phone.. ..hope you ...

Sam they may give you a new phone..they may not..but I would go to the kiosk but if you don't get any where..call head office..
Userlevel 7
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

Although caution is suggested using Kijiji, it's a fine option to buy a used device. My current Z30 is a former Kijiji trade. Just be sure you meet indoors in a public place and that you check the device IMEI against the lost / stolen device database.
ShannonMarieMuise wrote:

Sam it is your choice .. I would try those suggestions I gave you ...if you like kijiji then use it with great caution and discernment.. hope you get it fixed or resolved.