Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x does not consistently connect to pc through USB.

Wondering if anyone has this prob. I got my Ace 2x in december 2012 and since day 1, I've never been able to get a consistent connection to my pc to transfer pics/vids to and from pc to phone. I can eventually transfer files b/w both. It's just I can never consistently do it on my first attempt. Here's what I mean. I connect my phone (after having passed the lock screen already of course) to my pc through USB. After I do that a number of things could happen. 1. The phone will always show usb connected in the top of the phone. However, sometimes the phone will not show up as a storage device when I look at the drives on my computer. Unplugging and replugging USB plug from phone and back again, will eventually get it to show as a storage device on comp. Sometimes it takes only one unplug/replug and sometimes it will take multiple attempts to show. 2. Ok now my that I got my comp to see my phone. I attempt to transfer files. Phone screen will turn to that transferring screen with the usb icon in the middle. Now 1 of two things will happen now. The files will transfer successfully, yay! However, most times this will not happen on the first attempt. Usually what happens is in the middle of the transfer, the phone will just suddenly lose connection to comp, so the transfer will die saying it can't find device or I forget what the error message says. Basically, trasnfer dies because comp can't see phone anymore and I have to unplug/replug to get it to see it again. Now, I eventually can transfer all the files I need, but it usually takes multiple attempts. Say I'm transferring 10 files. It'll get done with 3 of them, then die, so have to rinse and repeat the steps again to eventually get all 10 files transferred. On the rare occasion, I'll hit the jackpot and it'll remain connected longer than a min and a lot of files will get transferred, however that is rare. I usually have to do it in small chunks at a time. Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried on multiple pc and multiple usb ports and all exhibit the same behavior. I'm just using the default usb cable that came with the phone. I suppose the cable could be bad as recently I've had charging issues with it. What happens is I plug the usb in my phone to charge (from wall socket). Phone will always show the battery lightning bolt as charging. However, I go to check on phone after a bit and the battery % hasn't even moved 1%. I unplug and recharge, wait a min to see the % sign go up 1%, then I know it's going to charge properly. This happens sometimes when charging, but not that frequently. This issue however, has only started the last few weeks, while the usb/trasnfer issue has existed since day 1 of buying the phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
1. Use a different cable. if that doesn't work: You may have a problem with the connectior itself. This happened to me recently and I decided to move to an external battery charger and Wifi File Transfers. Unfortunatly this is considered Physical damage and generally not covered under the warranty. Had you reported the charging issue within the first 14 days you could have changed for another phone, no questions asked. So for me I can no longer plug the phone into the USB cord for file transfers BUT all is not lost. Since you're doing the transfer at home I'll assume you have WiFi. My work around was an app called WiFi File Transfer. It's a lightweight web server that lets you upload and download files to / from your phone or tablet over a wireless connection. Works great for me! Here is a link to my thread and external battery Chargers: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/anyone_have_any_experience_with_external_battery_chargers And here is a google play market link to the WiFi File Transfer App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5zbWFydGVyZHJvaWQud2lmaWZpbGV0cmFuc2ZlciJd
Thanks a lot man! I'm now using the wifi transfer app as a work around and it works great! Need pro version to transfer more than 4mb, but it only costs $1.38! Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Bob Smith wrote:

Thanks a lot man! I'm now using the wifi transfer app as a work around and it works great! Need...

I've never had an issue with transfering larger files through the non pro version but I'm always taking files from it and not putting files on it. Glad I could help you though. Have a great day.
Bob Smith wrote:

Thanks a lot man! I'm now using the wifi transfer app as a work around and it works great! Need...

You can download files from the phone to comp with no size restriction. If you want to move files from the comp to the phone, which is what I mainly do, then there is 4mb size limit and you need to purchase pro to lift it. I'm always transferring vids to my phone to watch when I'm bored or need to kill time on my phone.