Koodo Community
Question

samsung galaxy a5

• 13 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I can't connect to wifi. my password is correct but it keeps telling me I have an authentication arrow. My phone is the device not connected in the house. can anyone help?
Donna

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try to go to your phone settings and reset your network settings. Note that this will erase any bluetooth or wifi passwords
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could also try to click "forget network" in your WiFi list. That way you can connect to WiFi again with the correct password, in case something went wrong the first time.
Badge +4
A misspelled password will generate an authentication error. Make certain the password is entered correctly. A missing character or symbol is all it takes to get an authentication error. Another possibility, someone, perhaps a family member, may have changed the Wi-Fi router password without your knowledge. In rare instances, a power outage could have reset your Wi-Fi router to its default settings.
Userlevel 4
@donna22 Try to see if the issue persists with other devices as well. If so you may need to unplug your router from the mains, leave it so for 30 seconds, plug it again, and reboot it.