Koodo Community

Community

samsung galaxy 5 gets really hot and battery dies 3 times a day .. phone purchased Feb 5 2016 .. today is feb 17, 2017 .... what can i do

my samsung galaxy 5 gets really hot and battery dies 3 times a day ... phone purchased Feb 5 2016 ... today is feb 17, 2017 .... what can i do

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Linda.

I'd suggest to call Koodo or Samsung ASAP or do a factory reset to see if the problem is solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately you are no longer eligible for the manufacturers warranty. Your phone most likely gets hot due to a app that requires heavy usage from the phone. I would play around with the apps and figure out what app you are using when the phone gets hot and then delete that app from your phone.
Robert wrote:

Hello Linda.

I'd suggest to call Koodo or Samsung ASAP or do a factory reset to see if the probl...

none of that helped ... it started to happen 4 days ago ... just like an electronic device. As soon as the warranty is up it screws up.
My koodo tab is only half way and I'm on Disability.
I had a Blackberry before and it lasted years.
I was warned to stay away from Samsung.
I'm extremely upset with this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Unfortunately you are no longer eligible for the manufacturers warranty. Your phone most likely g...

Booting into safe mode is a good way to test if an app is causing the overeheating. Make sure after booting into safe mode you stay in it for about 24 hours to allow time to solve the problem. If the phone doesn't overheat than start deleting apps that you think may be causing it. If it does overheat still than you will need to take it in for repairs.

Here is how to boot into safe mode
1) Turn the device off.
2) Press and hold the Power key.
3) When 'Samsung Galaxy S5' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4) Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5) Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6) Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7) Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Linda.

I'd suggest to call Koodo or Samsung ASAP or do a factory reset to see if the probl...

Did you try the steps i mentioned above? This should fix your phone Linda.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It could be your battery, which isn't that expensive to replace.