Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Ace (S5830D) will not charge or turn on

Battery on Samsung Ace (S5830D) was fully discharged. Plugged in for a couple of hours now, but phone will not turn on. Have tried taking battery out and putting it back in. Still nothing. Suggestions?

13 replies

Userlevel 4
How are you going about turning it on? Are you just pressing the power or holding the button for a few seconds?
Userlevel 2
How are you going about turning it on? Are you just pressing the power or holding the button for a few seconds?
I'm holding the button down. I've had it awhile, so I know the "on" button on the top right needs to be held down.
Userlevel 2
mar.uniat wrote:

I'm holding the button down. I've had it awhile, so I know the "on" button on the top right need...

You may need to wait longer than a couple of hours. Give it a couple more. If you still can't turn it on, give Koodo a call to see if the phone is under warranty.
mar.uniat wrote:

I'm holding the button down. I've had it awhile, so I know the "on" button on the top right need...

Thanks, I'll leave it plugged in, see what happens.
Userlevel 4
mar.uniat wrote:

Do you happen to see teh charging symbol when its plugged in?
mar.uniat wrote:

no, the screen is blank... entirely black
Userlevel 4
mar.uniat wrote:

Just to be sure, when you press the power button, nothing at all comes up? If that is the case, there is a good chance the battery is not holding a charge at all or the phone is pooched.
mar.uniat wrote:

nothing comes up at all, suggestions?
Userlevel 4
mar.uniat wrote:

See about warranty on the phone or possibly get a new phone, if it is financially feasible.
mar.uniat wrote:

what about getting the data off of it?
mar.uniat wrote:

My friend fixed this by switching her battery with someone. Works fine now
Userlevel 7
mar.uniat wrote:

Thank you for the post, but this thread is 7 months old. I think the OP has figured it out or has changed the phone by now (I hope it's the latter).