Koodo Community
Solved

Samsung A70 Screen freeze up

• 13 October 2019
  • 11 replies

I have Samsung A70 only 3 months old with koodo protection,now i have screen problem screen stay on and freeze up and all button did not work at all dont know why just stop working , now I am planning to call the insurance to ask a replacement but not sure what to do any Idea can help thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Dinh 14 October 2019, 00:47

I already done still nothing happened
Someone mentioned that if you saw that screen you were in “download mode”. if it was a mistake, try to push volume up + home button + power button until you see the Samsung logo then release
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/124720/Doesn't+turn+on+and+says+to+download+custom+OS.#answer173240

If the phone doesn't have the home button you could try this video https://youtu.be/VNDwatZ-ooo
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's a deductible of around $200 you'll have to pay to go through the insurance you need to go to a koodo kiosk and send for repair I'd anything not a replacement. If found to be a defect it will be co ered free to fix

Firate though try to fix as its probably a software issue. Do you regularly reboot the device or use the device care smin settings to optimize and clean the software regularly?
If this doesn't work they a factory reset first before taking for repair
i took good care of the phone by doing device care in the settings 2 or 3 times a month,but it was first time to restart the phone because the screen was freeze , when the phone start to turn on showed up the warning says the
1. cause of the problem is OS
instruction on the screen are
press the volume up to download
or volume down to cancel
or power button to show the barcode
but when i start to follow the instruction none of the button did not work at all then the screen stays on until the battery drained then I charged the phone it automatically started but still showed up same, I wonder why I need to pay 200 dollars phone only 3 moths old still manufacture warranty plus, koodo protection what is the use of protection its not my fault phone is in a great shape still on the phone case since first day
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the phone screen was freezed,there could be issues with software and apps. I would suggest you check the app and see if some app had error or consumed too much memory. It isn't uncommon to see phone screen freezed. Restarting often helps. If not you could try to uninstall certain apps or reset the phone to its default settings. Software on Android isn't perfect....
Thanks Dinh but I could not restart the phone screen is freezed even any button did

not work screen stayed on until battery drained
I followed the Instruction nothing happened
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dđi you install a “custom” firmware in your phone? (That was the message in the screen) .If you didn’t, you might want to contact Samsung and see what happened. Something wasn’t right with the message.
I did not installed any firmware just screen stop working ,after I restarted the phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you push the button volume down to restart the phone when you were at that screen?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Someone mentioned that if you saw that screen you were in “download mode”. if it was a mistake, try to push volume up + home button + power button until you see the Samsung logo then release
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/124720/Doesn't+turn+on+and+says+to+download+custom+OS.#answer173240

If the phone doesn't have the home button you could try this video https://youtu.be/VNDwatZ-ooo

Thanks Dinh I saw a video in you tube that exactly what happened, tha only diferrence is  the message stuck on the screen and volume control and power button still not working anyway I show to the guys in koodo kiosk they  did what they know what to do  but unportunately unsuccessful then we decided to send to samsung authorized repaire shop