Koodo Community
Question

samsung a50 wont charge . showing "overheating"

• 10 August 2019
  • 4 replies

hi i recently bought the samsung galaxy a 50/ . its a great phone. until it stopped charging. i keep seeing that its overheating but its not even warm to the touch. i got it into recovery mode but because it wont charge it just keeps shutting off. and when i plug it in to charger or pc or android box i get a circle and a lightning bolt in the circle . i have never seen that on the screen before from any of my phones. any help or advice would be great . cheers

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How long have you had it for? If it's been 15 days or less just return it. Otherwise you'll have to send it in for warranty Repair.
Ya it's but more than 15 days unfortunately. Has anyone heard or experienced this strange symbol on the phone . The big circle with the small lighting bolt inside ? And then when it does turn.on the screen works it's still vibrates . An alarm even went off before it died. But I'm still able to turn it on for like 5 seconds. I wonder if a wireless charger would work? I brought it to a store and they said it could be the hardware or water damage. But it hasn't gotten wet..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ya it's but more than 15 days unfortunately. Has anyone heard or experienced this strange symbol on the phone . The big circle with the small lighting bolt inside ? And then when it does turn.on the screen works it's still vibrates . An alarm even went off before it died. But I'm still able to turn it on for like 5 seconds. I wonder if a wireless charger would work? I brought it to a store and they said it could be the hardware or water damage. But it hasn't gotten wet..
I have seen this on one of my android phones but it was when I left the flashlight on for an extended time and it showed me the overheating warning and shut down until cooled off . I have seen the lightning bolt which was a different reason it was from the charger or phone being wet and I had to wait many hours for them to dry out then it worked. If it keeps doing it and it's been days it's doing it then you'll have to send it for repair by bringing it to your local Koodo store and they will send it away for you
ok thanks ill do that. considering place i brought it to wasnt koodo maybe ill get better luck from koodo. i just dont understand hits sayin is too hot when it isnt lol. thanks again for the advice. he last thing i want is a band new broken phone tht cant be fixed