Koodo Community
Solved

Samsung A50 wifi download speed throttled

• 28 January 2021
  • 3 replies

My Android phone at home has a 15mps download speed and a 17mps upload speed. On the same home wifi my wife’s iphone 6 gets a 98 mps download speed. How can i improve my Samsung A50 download speed?

icon

Best answer by Brian56 30 January 2021, 02:45

Thanks for the suggestions but I figured it out.

I recently upgraded my internet service from 10 mps down to 75 mps down using the same network name and password. For some reason my A50 recognized this service as 10 mps and wouldn’t allow the phone to go any faster after I upgraded. I disconnected from this network, by selecting the option to “forget” it. Restarted my phone and then reconnected to it. Voila, 98 mps, all good. Thanks for replying though anyway.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are they connected to the same network and at the same spot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Speedtest also depends on the server of the test. 2 different server for speedtest could show different results.

Anyway, I would suggest you reset network settings of the Samsung and reconnect to the wifi network and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions but I figured it out.

I recently upgraded my internet service from 10 mps down to 75 mps down using the same network name and password. For some reason my A50 recognized this service as 10 mps and wouldn’t allow the phone to go any faster after I upgraded. I disconnected from this network, by selecting the option to “forget” it. Restarted my phone and then reconnected to it. Voila, 98 mps, all good. Thanks for replying though anyway.