Koodo Community
Question

samsung a50 issues

• 14 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Ive had my phone for just over a month. The last few days the touch screen is acting weird. Multiple times a day it stops working. Il have to touch the same spot multiple times before it does anything.

Last night I went to turn on the flashlight. It flashed once, turned off and now won't work at all. Flash still works for the camera although it's super quick vs being a long flash like literally hours before.

Went to plug it in to charge last night and it won't fast charge anymore? Gave me some pop up notification telling me to confirm my charger was plugged in, and then when I noticed it was slow charging I unplugged it (my s6 use to do slow charge and fast charge when it felt like it) it was "still charging" and then when I plugged it back in it wouldn't fast charge.

I bought the extended warranty, but do I just go in the store and talk to them?

I upgraded from the a8 that I had for over a year but dropped it and the screen was toast. Was told the a50 was the "latest and greastest" since it wasn't even displayed in store yet.

5 replies

Ive had my phone for just over a month. The last few days the touch screen is acting weird. Multiple times a day it stops working. Il have to touch the same spot multiple times before it does anything.

Last night I went to turn on the flashlight. It flashed once, turned off and now won't work at all. Flash still works for the camera although it's super quick vs being a long flash like literally hours before.

Went to plug it in to charge last night and it won't fast charge anymore? Gave me some pop up notification telling me to confirm my charger was plugged in, and then when I noticed it was slow charging I unplugged it (my s6 use to do slow charge and fast charge when it felt like it) it was "still charging" and then when I plugged it back in it wouldn't fast charge.

I upgraded from the a8 that I had for over a year but dropped it and the screen was toast. Was told the a50 was the "latest and greastest" since it wasn't even displayed in store yet.
@Ad345 : I would suggest you reset the phone to its factory default and see if it resolves the problems.

Here is Koodo policy on warranty and repair policy https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy You could follow the procedure in the case you need warranty from Koodo/manufacturer.

It just died at 50%. Plugged it in with the other half charger since we both have the same phone and its fast charging and the flashlight is working... I'm going to do a factory reset though and see if that fixes it all for good
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ad345 : I would suggest you reset the phone to its factory default and see if it resolves the problems.

Here is Koodo policy on warranty and repair policy https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy You could follow the procedure in the case you need warranty from Koodo/manufacturer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Buckle up because from what I’ve read on this forum even with the extended warranty Koodo is asking customers to pay at least $200 for repairs, and replacements are often used phones with their own issues.

The deductible applies when the fault is from customers. If it was a manufacturer problem, there shouldn't be any charge.
Userlevel 4
Buckle up because from what I’ve read on this forum even with the extended warranty Koodo is asking customers to pay at least $200 for repairs, and replacements are often used phones with their own issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Definitely would take it to the store to see what's up. But before that, have you tried using another cable?