Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S7 v iPhone 6s vs htc 10?

Userlevel 3
So I dropped my note 5 on its face, broke the digitizer which costs 310 dollars to have repaired. I think I might as well get a new phone. I'm thinking the htc 10 is the best phone but it isn't released yet and no word if us coming to koodo, it is as they say, without compromise. That being said, I've been with a Samsung phone for must of my cell phone days. IPhone is my last option but will require switching over and the learning curve. Any advice or thoughts on this topic?

12 replies

I care to share an opinion...Im %100 pro Android. Ive had to use a blackberry for work before and didn't totally hate it, but , ive also been forced to use an Apple phone on 2 occasions. The 4S and 5S. 4S was a complete bomb and the 5 not much better. IO wouldn't take one FOR FREE, even if they paid my bills for me. The operating system and phone configuration is ( in my opinion ) so far below Android, its no contest. The deal sealer is that there is NO SD CARD slot. Forced to use the cloud or what not. there are dozens of reasons that this is terrible . I need my 64 gigs of extra storage and I need instant access to it at all times. Why anybody would knowingly accept anything less baffles me...Privacy, convenience, time, data $.
All that being said about apple, I do like the HTC 10. But vote S7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is so many opinions when it comes to android VS IOS. Its not worth going into a debate over. Im 100% pro android as well but have had my share of Iphones in the past and didn't hate them at all. In fact i quite enjoyed them. There different which is nice sometimes. My advice is , if your not good at change, dont buy an IOS phone, try one out from a friend or play with one at the mall or something before you jump. As for android, theres a ton to choose from. My top two choices are Nexus 6P which is a beast in its own rights. And the Galaxy S7 Edge. As its a flagship and has a ton of nice specs to boot. Ultimately the choice is yours. There is hundreds upon hundreds of Iphone VS S7 edge or IPhone VS Nexus 6P videos out there so just do your research, and you will be good to go. Worst case scenario you have 15 days to swap the phone back if you dont like it.

As for the HTC its a crap shoot if Koodo is going to carry it, people said they wouldnt carry the G5 but they got it at launch. You can always buy a Telus phone(HTC10) and bring it over to Koodo. Best of luck making your decision.
Badge +4
I’m not pro anything. In my opinion, every device has its own set of unique features. A 64 GB iPhone 6s is more than adequate for storing music, photos and apps. With close to 20 GB of music onboard, 3 GB of photos and a multitude of apps including games, I found it difficult to slow this phone down or run out of space. If you can get your hands on a 128 GB model, you’ll never have to worry about SD cards again. If you own an Apple computer, everything seems to work seamlessly and part of the appeal for the device. I’ve had HTC for years, they’re the innovators in the smartphone world. First phone to come out with dual front-firing speakers (BoomSound), and now with the HTC 10, dual optical image stabilization on both the front and rear facing cameras. If you’re an audiophile like myself, you’ll appreciate 24-bit DAC coupled with a set of premium headphones, driven by two dedicated amps. This should provide a stunning audio experience. USB-C charging (reversible connector) is something that the Samsung S7 doesn't have, but may not be a huge selling point. I've also had a number of Samsung devices over the years. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and HTC 10 appear equally spec’d in some areas until you get to what lies under the hood. The S7 surpasses the HTC 10 in terms of core count, utilizing an Octa-Core (Exynos 8890) processor while married to 4 GB of RAM. This should provide a mind blowing user experience in terms of speed and fluidity when navigating about the UI. If you like deep inky blacks and over saturated colours, the S7 will likely be your choice. Micro SD card slots on both devices are an added bonus. Everyone has an opinion, it really depends on what features you’re after and ultimately it’s a matter of personal preference. As Chadwick mentions, there are a ton of review videos out there. Best to walk into a store and check them out in person rather than relying solely on reviews. Though Flossy Carter and MKBHD are among some of my favourite reviewers. The link below shows a comparison of all three devices. Keep us posted and let us know which one you end up getting. http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7821&idPhone2=7242&idPhone3=7884
rikkster wrote:

I’m not pro anything. In my opinion, every device has its own set of unique features. A 64 GB iPh...

Not trying to start a debate. Granted , Apple phones have improved over the last few years, but curious what you do when you break your iphone and cant access anything because all you have is internal storage.Try to tether it blind? hope everything has been uploaded to cloud? With an external, you simply pull it out and put it in a different phone, tabled, pc, laptop, hub of any compatible sort...INSTANT ACCESS, no internet needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

I’m not pro anything. In my opinion, every device has its own set of unique features. A 64 GB iPh...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. 🙂
rikkster wrote:

Agreed Chadwich, Simply searching for more knowledge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well if your looking for subsidy and your sticking with koodo then your going to have to go S7 or S7 Edge because Koodo chances are Koodo will not being carrying the HTC 10, in fact it's only Bell that will be offering the HTC 10 in Canada. If you don't mind paying full price then you can go ahead and get the HTC 10 from HTC directly however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My advice is to get your Note 5 repaired. $310 is a bargain compared to what you'll pay for any of the other phones. It's just about half a year old, and can hold it's own against any of the other phones that you've mentioned.

iPhone over HTC any day for me. HTC has never actually delivered as far as I'm concerned. The much-hyped speakers are indeed better than the competition, but they're still phone speakers. Whenever I'm away from a powerful Bluetooth speaker, I'm usually listening via headphones, making the extra speaker power irrelevant. Their cameras have sucked (for a flagship), though the 10 promises to address this. In any case, they got my money with the M7, and nothing they've done since has convinced me to go back.

iOS is rather bland compared to Android, Windows 10, or BB10, but iPhones have never been anything but dependable to me and have the best warranty support, period.
Ivan wrote:

My advice is to get your Note 5 repaired. $310 is a bargain compared to what you'll pay for any o...

I agree with Ivan, if your phone only six months old, get it fixed....When it comes to Android, it seems the real phone improvements come every second phone...S2, S4, S6. I DONT HAVE AN S7, but likely it just tweeks up the S6... id wait for the S8, it should have some leaps and bounds in Tech.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

My advice is to get your Note 5 repaired. $310 is a bargain compared to what you'll pay for any o...

Mack, it doesn't always matter about if it's leaps and bounds ahead of the last model as far as new features as the S7 fixes all the issues that were wrong with the S6 like battery life which was horrible for most with the S6, the S7 has an SD Card and the S6 does not which would be great for your argument of wanting an SD card. The camera has been greatly improved for low light shots as well as focus which the S7 has the best focus by far of any smartphone. The S7 is the best gaming smartphone with the 4gb of ram and Vulcan API to take full advantage of that ram to give console quality gaming as well as the game features such as recoding your game play and yourself with the front camera to make gaming videos and is the only oh one to do that. The S7 is also waterproof which is a great thing and a bad thing as it gives the S7 it's only downfall at all and that's the speaker which isn't as good as the S6 speaker. Everything else has been upgraded to make the S7 a worthy upgrade from the S6 for sure. It's not an apple S model type of upgrade it's much more than that IMO.
Ivan wrote:

Nice, thanks for the info Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Still, hard to beat the repair cost (when comparing to getting a new device).