Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S7 Edge attaching images

Hello, I'm having a issue attaching images to my text messages they float in the middle of screen and doesn't attach anything This is what it looks like when sending a MMS

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try this first before anything else: 
1) Shut down the phone. Open the back. Pull the battery (if easily accessible). Pull the sim card. 
2) Go have a coffee or watch something on TV (3-5 minutes).
3) If you want to be really productive, now would be a good time to change that screen protector that looks a little ratty around the edges. 
4) Re-assemble and re-start the phone. 
5) Re-send the picture

Let us know if this works for you or not. There are more steps we can suggest, but doing too much at once usually ends up complicating/obscuring things rather than being helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

1) Shut down the phone. Open the back. Pull the batter...

Umm, you cant open the back, nor can you pull the battery. Lol And i doubt a brand new phone has a ratty screen protector. But honestly, A for Effort Robert 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

At least, I'm trying to help someone out here! But with your help, my answers are getting better. 

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Dude. Your a nice guy aren't ya. Your supposed to be a leader and not talk down to ppl. Actually its in your mobile master rules. Maybe you should live up to those rules or back down. I wasn't rude with you, no need to be rude with me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Google is not always your best friend Robert, gotta stop just copying and pasting from quick Google searches bud
Im stilll have a issue sending picture messages, it's also doing it after I take a picture and hit send.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you played with APN settings?

Read through this : http://thedroidguy.com/2016/03/troubleshoot-samsung-galaxy-s7-cant-send-sms-mms-messages-1057467
Um? I can send images it doesn't want to convert?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What app are you using to send MMS? Have you tried other messaging app then the default app? Maybe hangouts? Can you send MMS to other people? Is it always with iPhone? Is it with the same person only? Can you send it to other android phone?

I know it's lots of questions but we'll find an answer.
It's the default text messaging app, I don't have hangouts I remove all Google junk when I first get a phone
I'm actually starting to think it might be a software glitch it's sending mms fine I just get the float box that won't disappear
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure to understand what float box you're talking about? So you're able to send MMS, but there's a box floating around everytime you send a message?? What about the iPhone with the question mark? 
I think that was one time deal with the iPhone not receiving the picture message I haven't ran into that issue since then. Every time I send a picture message a smaller picture is left behind and the text moves behind it but the small picture stays still much like the first screen shot I shared

Userlevel 7
I'm with you . this is a software glitch. There are many higher quality options out there for messaging and many of them are free or worth the price.

I personally use Chomp SMS and I paid for the pro version. It's not only great but it's highly customizable. Check it out in the Play Store. I'm sure that your issue is the stock messaging app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh now I understand!! 😮

You could also try Hangouts!
Userlevel 7
OP has disabled hangouts.
I'm hoping then this will be fixed in a software update
Userlevel 7
Mesmashh wrote:

I'm hoping then this will be fixed in a software update

So you won't even try another messaging app? That would rule out any other issue.