Koodo Community

Community

Solved

s5 neo dead battery 4 months old major charging issues

s5 neo 4 months old. heat up doesnt charge properly battery totally dead now. tried multiple chargers factory resest phone is junk. no physical damage. can i reurn this phone and have my tab cleared or exchange it

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Simon,

It's not possible to return the phone, the only thing you can do is to send it for reparation by pressing yourself to a Koodo store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look at the battery and if it s swollen / bulged out at all then make sure you do not try to charge it at all and follow Roberts suggestion asap as the battery could explode or catch fire.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As well, using chargers other than the ones given by the manufacturer may harm your battery so either avoid using them or make sure they are outputting the right voltage, amperage, etc. to your device
Thanks for the replies. I will try to get to a store to see if they will repair. I have many brand name samsung chargers tried them all. Hard resest sometimes it would start to charge. Totally dead now. Lucky my old telus phone worked with the sim card so I have something. Just dont wanna pay for the next 20 months on a dead phone lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Simon Hoogenboom wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I will try to get to a store to see if they will repair. I have many bran...

Depending on the age of your old phone, you may be interested in getting a loaner phone from the Koodo location when you drop off your phone for service.
Badge +4
How about a new battery? The battery is removable. If there's nothing wrong with the phone, this might be an option. Shop around, the link below is only a suggestion. https://www.canadianbatteries.com/battery-for-samsung-galaxy-neo-g903fd-galaxy-neo-duos-39v-2800mah-1092wh-p-2547.html?currency=CAD&gclid=CKOA6eC_-NICFYePswodaH0HRg