Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S5 apps will not stay connected to internet after marshmallow update

Since updating to marshmallow last week my apps (Facebook, Twitter, Chromecast and all others) will lose connection to internet. For example I open an app, follow a link in in a discussion, and return to the app and get a message that there is no internet connection. I have to close and re-open the app to get it to work again which is more than a little annoying. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I have tried clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling apps and it has not helped. All apps and my phone are up to date.

Failing a solution, how do you uninstall the marshmallow update? Phone had been working fine and I will not be getting a new one anytime soon, I'd just like it to resume normal operations!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Going backwards with update is a rather tedious process if your not into flashing ROMs and stuff. There is a few tutorials on YouTube on how to go backwards. You could try the rather drastic measure and factory reset your phone and see if that helps seeing you have already done some troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Going backwards with update is a rather tedious process if your not into flashing ROMs and stuff....

I too suggest factory resetting first. Also, it would be worth it to open a bug report to Samsung/Google over this. Perhaps a fix could also be made.