Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S4 Won't update from 4.2.2 to Kitkat

My s4 wont update to 4.4. I just got it unlocked, went to koodo and got a sim card for it and it will not update from 4.2.2 to kitkat. It always goes through at&t updater and it keeps saying that my software is up to date, which i know isnt true.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
If it was originally an AT&T Phone, you may have to wait for AT&T to push the update if they haven't already.
Chad Burr wrote:

If it was originally an AT&T Phone, you may have to wait for AT&T to push the update if they have...

The thing is, the phone model is SGH M919 which is tmobile, but it is looking at at&t updater for some reason which tells it that it is up to date. At&t have released the 4.4 update but it is for i337.. What should i do?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

If it was originally an AT&T Phone, you may have to wait for AT&T to push the update if they have...

You could goto sammobile.com, download the firmware, and install it via Odin. Google odin for more information
Chad Burr wrote:

Odin fails when i try to do it that way.. any help with that?
Chad Burr wrote:

Im absolutely sure that the phone is SGH M919 and the error is failed AUTH which im assuming means authorization.. I just tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMbyITXKjOc and this did not work as well. I think something on the phone is completely locked down, and im thinking about rooting to get rid of it...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Just a tip man, I know your frustrated but please watch the language you use here as this is a family friendly community and we don't allow foul language. Thanks man and I hope you get it fixed. Have you ever rooted / ROM'd your device before? If you have make sure your not running a custom ROM as you won't be able to update the device, you'll have to roll it back to stock to update
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

You tried via the phone, you tried via Odin. Both failed. Have you tried using Kies?
Chad Burr wrote:

Kies does not read the phone at all
Badge +4
http://vvcap.net/db/nQFe1yenbi1qRIkNmjjS.htp
Happened again. tho this time i got further with the debugging active