Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S4 Questions

I have a few questions about my new S4: How do I get rid of the blue lines outlining everthing? I've turned off the sound for the keypad, but it still makes noise. Weather widget says it updates every 6 hours and it may result in additional charges. When and why? how do I turn it off? when I use the return key, am I closing apps, or are they still open there somewhere? since it is a mini computer, do you need virus protection? thanks! my first smartphone.

8 replies

Remember that you can always contact Samsung for any phone related questions since they made the phone. I'm not sure about the blue lines outlining everything as I have never used the S4. If you are using a specific keyboard app, you will need to go into it's settings and turn the sound off that way. When mobile data is turned on, any apps requiring an internet connection will run and refresh themselves, which can result in data usage and potential charges(depending if you have a fixed data plan or the pay per use data). To turn this off, go into settings, data usage, tap on mobile data to turn it off. You won't be able to send/receive MMS while mobile data is off. The only time you would really need virus protection is if you are dealing with 3rd party apps(IE: not downloaded through Playstore). If you are really needing a virus protection program, look for AVG. It's free and there's a mobile version of it I believe. Hitting the back button should close the app, where as hitting the home button just minimizes it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Remember that you can always contact Samsung for any phone related questions since they made the ...

Actually your best to download a ANTIVIRUS app even if you are only downloading from the play store as known virus do tend to get through and also can be present when said downloaded app downloads something else from outside the PlayStore (which happened recently with a couple of font apps in the PlayStore) To close apps fully press and hold the home button, a list if the open apps will pop up on the screen, slide them one by one to the left or right and when they disappear they are closed. Blue lines of around everything? what do you mean, can you send a screen shot here? To take a screen shot press the home (center of physical button) button and the power button at the same time. A great free antiviral app is COMODO ANTIVIRUS it's constantly updating within the app for the first newest known viruses, more than all the time antiviral apps I've tried and I've tried them all. There's also some other amazing features built into it as well.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Remember that you can always contact Samsung for any phone related questions since they made the ...

I know pressing and holding the home button brings up the most recent apps but swiping them away closes them? I didn't realize it did that. I just thought it cleared it from the most recent apps list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
when I use the return key, am I closing apps, or are they still open there somewhere? Well, you can also double click on the home button twice and scroll right to close all background apps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

when I use the return key, am I closing apps, or are they still open there somewhere? Well, y...

Double tapping the home button on a Galaxy Phone opens S-Voice
Userlevel 1
Robert wrote:

when I use the return key, am I closing apps, or are they still open there somewhere? Well, y...

Hi Robert!I f you pushed Home +POWER check on my FIles/ScreenCapture, you'll find your screen shots there
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

What?! I didn't ask this question 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Mat Badger not making any sense again lol Remember to carefully read before responding Mar 😉