Koodo Community

Community

Solved

S4 not receiving texts from Iphone4

I just switch my phone from Iphone 4 to S4. I am not able to receive text messages from other IPhone users. I've looked around and tried everything. Does anyone know what to do?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Did you use iMessage before? those users are probably sending to your iMessage since it is only iPhone users that you can't receive texts from.
Yes, I did. So do I have to get them to send it as SMS? Is that the only way to fix it?
Userlevel 7
Mandeep Bajwa-Carriger wrote:

Yes, I did. So do I have to get them to send it as SMS? Is that the only way to fix it?

yep I believe so. I'm not too sure of any alternatives. Or there are 3rd party apps for texting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Disable your imessage on your iphone 4. The message may still be going to your iPhone. Make sure your friends are sending a SMS to a phone number and not to an email address.
Userlevel 7
This is becoming a common problem... I feel like there should be something, somewhere, to make customers aware of this issue. Time to brainstorm.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

This is becoming a common problem... I feel like there should be something, somewhere, to make cu...

I thought I message was supposed to know when it wasn't connected and convert the message to sms?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

This is becoming a common problem... I feel like there should be something, somewhere, to make cu...

If the iphone is still on (like if you use it as an iPod), and iMessage is on, the number is still registered to the phone unless you turn off iMessage
Jonathan I wrote:

I've already turned off iMessage on my iphone and my ipad. I even deleted my iCloud account.
Jonathan I wrote:

I've also unregistered all my devices from the Apple account,.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

So is everything working now? You didn't have to do all of that,just turning off imessage and having your friends send sms would've been fine.
Jonathan I wrote:

I do receive messages from people that dont have the iMessage active but if it is on I'm still not receiving messages. I read up more on it and I was told to call Apple and have the remove my number from IMessage
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

well the other ppl would have to turn off their imessage as well for you to receive texts, so removing your phone number from imessage sounds good. Glad you got it all figured out 🙂