Koodo Community
Question

S3 Battery life

I have had my Samsung galaxy S3 for about 6 months I always wait for it to be at 4-5 % before recharging it, but after 6 month the battery does not last AT ALL ex I charged it to full took it off the charger, put it on my bed stand when I got up in the morning it had turned off because the battery was dead. How is this possible when not in use??? Very frustrated

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Do you regularly turn the device off and back on? There could be a huge amount of apps open through the multitasking eating up some of that battery
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the battery. I have a new battery and its doing the same thing.
Userlevel 5
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Have you already done a back up and factory reset?

I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Yes...I did it on my old battery before I got this new one. Still doing the same thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Your detective work shows that the battery is obviously not the issue.

Maybe not THE solution, but take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-7Y0Zz2po

Hope it works out for you.
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Thanks Bob .I watched the video.I couldn't find the same settings on my phone.Not sure why...no sync whatever. I have had my phone plugged in since my last post and it only went up 3% in power..that's in about 3 hrs.Now I am down to 6% again 😞
Userlevel 3
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...It does have alot of problems. From what I've read there seems to be an electrical issue that shortens the battery life. I bought an extended battery but barely get over a day. I'm also one of the lucky ones where the s3 eats microsd cards. Glad I had backups for the 3 cards I sacrificed.
Userlevel 7
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...John, my GS4 would also eat the microsd, but after doing a factory reset on it the phone stopped doing it. Same thing with the battery draining. 
Userlevel 3
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Ya. I tried resetting and different firmwares
Userlevel 7
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Resetting and a factory reset are two different things. Doing a factory reset completely deletes everything from the phone and re-initializes the Operating System to the defaults, this often solves these issues.
Userlevel 3
I'm beginning to think the Samsung Galaxy lll has a lot of problems with this.Not sure its the ...Sorry. Meant a factory reset.
Userlevel 7
The S III does have issues (luckily mine didn't when I had it) but keep in mind the phone is already 3 years old and won't be updated anymore. You should upgrade the device. I know you were probably attracted to the low upfront cost and/or subsidy of the device but you're not going to get a good Android experience with an outdated handset. Look into the Moto X Play for a newer, more capable mid range option.