Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Video of it happening

How do I stop this.

Happens to YouTube as well

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dinh 5 June 2020, 08:06

Have you tried to uninstall those apps and resinstall them? When you install them, I would try to lock rotation of the phone at the time of installation to make sure youtube and other app behave after fresh installation. It seems the rotation variable for those apps were wrong. 

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you download an app that makes it that a certain app has a certain setting for rotation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not that I'm aware of

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve come across this before.  Turn screen rotation back on.  Then change the app you are in back to portrait (ex. chrome).  Then re-lock the screen rotation.  Now the screen is locked to portrait mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve come across this before.   

Okay I just tried that and the screen reverted to landscape and was locked again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you leave it unlocked? Does the screen rotate properly?

Have you restarted your phone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you leave it unlocked? Does the screen rotate properly?

Have you restarted your phone? 

It's been happening for a while. The screen always rotates properly except for YouTube and Copilot GPS.

Restarted many times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to uninstall those apps and resinstall them? When you install them, I would try to lock rotation of the phone at the time of installation to make sure youtube and other app behave after fresh installation. It seems the rotation variable for those apps were wrong. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So while that didn't work (I cannot uninstall YouTube because it's a system app) I did find an app on Google Play that controls the rotation and that app solved my issues. I wish I knew why this was happening but it's solved now.

Thank you

Rotation Control