Koodo Community

Community

Rogers is not any better than Koodo, BUT they got the "OneNumber" !!

I have dumped my corporate plan that was offered to me through my work by Rogers because of the good service quality and reputation I have had from koodo for the last few years. However, Rogers has the "OneNumber" service which is a real deal thing as it offers a full access to the customer cellphone service through an application in the computer or the tablet (ex. you could make a call and send a text without even touching your phone, all through your PC or tablet). After doing some research I found out that the same service is being offered to Telus customers Which is a great thing, But would it be more great if Telus offers the same amazing service to Koodo customers as well !? 🙂

9 replies

there is an app called mobile go...works with any service provider check it out...does everything u listed....agreed on rogers is terrible ; )
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why would you need to make a call through your computer? I don't seem to,understand the advantage of such a service. May you elaborate?
Userlevel 3
IMO I don't think the OneNumber feature is enough to stick with Rogers over Koodo. Koodo by far and away has better customer service and much cheaper plans.
Userlevel 1
Yes Koodo is way better
Userlevel 1
Yes Koodo is way better
Userlevel 3
Ex// I was paying $80/month with Rogers and now am paying $45/month with more data.
Userlevel 3
I agree Koodo is waaay better! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Yes, Koodo is way better. I too was a Rogers customer and happily moved over to Koodo more than a year ago now. What the poster is saying though, is that Rogers has a great little program with their one number. Not only can you make phone calls on the computer (I've never tried it) but, it also stores all the phone numbers and contacts on your phone and can sync them with your phone. So, if you ever change phones, all your contacts will be there. Also, it keeps your text messages. You can send and receive text messages on the computer. You can check voice mail from your computer. No minutes used from your plan. There are a few other things that can be done as well, but, at this time I cannot recall what they are.
Userlevel 3
Interesting about making calls from the computer (though I personally would have no use for that). In regards to storing contacts and messages though, I know apple has that already built in (iCloud, and iTunes can both create backups of your phone), and I think that Google Drive can accomplish the same with Android customers.