Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Roaming plan - does my phone # remain the same?

If I get an international roaming plan add on, does my phone # remain the same, or would people calling (either from home, or the country I'm visiting) need to add a long distance 'code'?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. That is one of the advantages of a Roaming package over choosing to use a localSIM. Everyone calls you the same as if you were still home.
David wrote:

Yes. That is one of the advantages of a Roaming package over choosing to use a localSIM. Everyon...

Even someone calling me from the country I'm visiting? Do they need to put '1' or '011' (eg) (which they would do if I was at home...if ya know what I mean...)
before the number? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Yes. That is one of the advantages of a Roaming package over choosing to use a localSIM. Everyon...

Yes they do, but the trunk prefix will depend on where they're calling from (ex. if in Europe, it's 001+area code+number). Easier for them to dial +1 instead. That's universal.
David wrote:

Thanks so much!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Anytime! That's what we're here for. 🙂
David wrote:

So, if I understand correctly, I can add on an international text plan, and then take my phone to Spain and people there can text me at my Canada number, without it costing more than the $15 add on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Yes! But you must pay attention to your usage. You can not use the same amount of data and text as you're using back home
David wrote:

Got it! Thanks!