Koodo Community

Community

Solved

roaming in my own city?

why does my phone say I'm roaming when I'm in my own city or when i enter a large concrete building. Am I going to be charged for this?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Heather, do you live in border town at all? Here in BC when I am travelling around Prince Rupert area it sometimes picks up signals from Alaska instead.
I live in Victoria, which I guess is below the 49th parallel so I could be picking up Port Angeles or Seattle's signal
Userlevel 6
Heather Koning wrote:

I live in Victoria, which I guess is below the 49th parallel so I could be picking up Port Angele...

Hi Heather,

You can go to your self serve and remove pay per use roaming add-ons. Hope this works for you.
Heather Koning wrote:

I live in Victoria, which I guess is below the 49th parallel so I could be picking up Port Angele...

Wouldn't it be easier to just go into phone settings and turn off "roaming"? Most phone have that option.
Userlevel 2
Heather Koning wrote:

You may like this article http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/u-s-cellphone-roaming-charges-invade-victoria-waterfront-1.7...
Userlevel 6
Heather Koning wrote:

Hi Heather, Peter is right! The easiest way to avoid that is simply to set your phone on "Home only", or switch from automatic to manual in Network Settings. Thank you!