Koodo Community
Solved

roaming charges

• 26 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm right near the Maine border in New Brunswick, my phone roaming is shut off but I still get charged roaming fees 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 27 April 2021, 00:58

I've found the instructions on how to just keep it to koodoo I wish that it wasn't as complicated. I thought no roaming meant no roaming. But obviously there is more too it than that. 

Yea unfortunately it's just one of the downsides to living close to the US border and carriers haven't come up with a good way to solve it yet.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll have to contact Koodo to get those credited back to you. As for prevention, you can manually set your phone to Koodo towers so that it doesn't connect to the US ones.

I can walk you through that if you let me know what kind of phone you have.

I've found the instructions on how to just keep it to koodoo I wish that it wasn't as complicated. I thought no roaming meant no roaming. But obviously there is more too it than that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea unfortunately it's just one of the downsides to living close to the US border and carriers haven't come up with a good way to solve it yet.